Nebraska's last penalty

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 93ex, Oct 20, 2010.

1. 93ex

93ex 100+ Posts

Not sure if this has been discussed, but that last penalty for too many men on the field that gave us an automatic first down so we could run out the clock was a brutal mistake. It probably wouldn't have made a difference, but that sealed the deal.

I'm surprised Pelini hasn't taken more crap about that. If that were us, Mack Brown would have been crucified on all the talk shows for lack of coaching and preparation skills.

2. RJDriver

RJDriver 100+ Posts

It seems we've been flagged for that same **** 672 times this season.

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Bo waved a player off the field, and there were still 12 on it. [​IMG]

4. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Bo should be thanking his lucky stars. Our O was poised to run a play to get the first down and the way we were clicking on that drive, a touchdown could've been a real possibility. instead they get called for too many men on the field, we get the first down and run out the clock as a result.

I'm not saying we would've scored but after we secured the first down, it was a guarantee that we'd take a knee and run out the clock.
    [​IMG]

5. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

I was hoping for a score on that play instead of a first down for just that reason... I knew we'd take a knee. Taking a knee at the opponents goal line is both classy and a statement rolled into one, but a td would have been nice.

6. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

That begs the question... would it have been in poor taste to call timeout with :01 on the game clock?

7. KEYSERSOZE

KEYSERSOZE 100+ Posts

I was watching the game at a friend's house and he had the same idea to call time out with :01 left. Now that would have been funny as hell but I knew damn well Mack would never do that but I would.

8. Longhorn338

Longhorn338 25+ Posts

Oh how I wish that would have happened, that would have topped off a perfect day!!!! [​IMG]

9. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

10. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

The Tennessee goal line package is catching on.

11. Hornfan#10

Hornfan#10 25+ Posts

heh, the friend I went to the game with wanted to call a to with 1 second left.

12. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts