Need Beef Ideas

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Woland, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Woland

Woland 500+ Posts

I cook for 4-10 guests most weekends and I'm stuck for this coming Saturday. I can't seem to find a recipe that looks interesting and fun to cook. The best I can come up with right now is maybe a Belgian beer stew (if its cold outside) or steak tacos. One of the guests is in the cattle business and will bring whatever cut of beef I ask for, though I shy away from cuts like tenderloin for these affairs because some people don't like rare meat and I am not going to ruin a tenderloin by over cooking it. Help.

2. Stove Top

Stove Top 25+ Posts

Beef Bourguignon with garlic mashers and steamed veggies. Use a nice chuck roast.

Carne Guisada with rice and beans. Chuck roast again.

Braised beef short ribs with blue cheese polenta and haricot verts.

Beef Stroganoff with pasta. Chuck roast.

Just google these dishes and you can find tons of recipes.

3. TexasWolf

TexasWolf 25+ Posts

K-bobs are quick and easy. Seasoning, veggies, and fruit are your call.

4. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Good thinking, Wolf.
    I like this recipe:

Beef and Pineapple Skewers

These beef kabobs are made with sirloin beef
    INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    3 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons vinegar
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
    3/4 cup oil
    1 green onion, chopped
    2 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin, cubed 1-inch
    1 (8oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
    3 green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
    2 red onions, cut in 1-inch wedges
    10 long metal skewers
    (I also like to add cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and maraschino cherries and I use red and yellow bell peppers as well as green)

PREPARATION:
    In a nonreactive container or large plastic food storage bag, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, oil, and green onion. Add sirloin cubes and marinate several hours or overnight.

Cook those and rice pilaf, and you've got a full meal. [​IMG]

5. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

bah... go buy a crockpot, throw in some onions, carrots, beef, and beef broth and water and set it on low for 10 hours. TOTAL prep = 3 minutes.

6. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

I like the bob idea too, though I would make it a participation activity by allowing people to built their own. You layout all the stuff, the guests stab the things they want, you grill them. I'll have steak, steak, steak, steak, and steak on mine, please. Ok, maybe a shrimp or two for balance.