Need definition of the Tackle Box

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn69, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

is it the hash marks or something narrower. and if you go outside the tackle box and re-enter - like Daniel apparently did, I assume then that you can not down the ball?

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

3. crackamacgowski

crackamacgowski 100+ Posts

I'm with you there; that was a weird play. Intentional grounding did not come to my mind at all when it first happened.

4. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Daniel got called for grounding because his pass did not cross the line of scrimmage. Nothing to do with the tackle box

5. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

I think it was a bogus grounding call. Especially considering the obvious intentional grounding that wasn't called on Dick the series before.

6. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

It was not bogus. He got rid of the ball with the intent of getting rid of it instead of completing it to an eligible receiver and it did not cross the line of scrimmage. That by definition is intentional grounding

7. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I thought the LOS requirement was only in NFL...I still need definition of Tackle Box. [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

8. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

No, I agree. I understand. It's just bogus to me when they don't call the exact same penalty when it's obvious on the other team.

9. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

The LOS requirement exists at all levels.

The tackle box is the imaginary planes that extend all the way to the back of the end zone starting at the line of scrimmage on the outsides of the two offensive tackles prior to the snap.

10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Heh, Taps.

11. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Taps beat me to it. [​IMG]

12. mishatx

mishatx 1,000+ Posts

13. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

LOL Texas Taps, my thoughts exactly.

HPSlugga is correct, it was grounding because the ball didnt get past the Line of Scrimage.

14. Natural Disastro

Natural Disastro < 25 Posts

It is somehow appropriate that a school claiming a bass fishing MNC has a stadium resembling a tackle box.

15. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    mmmm, that's some good bass