Negril

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by IowaHorn, Dec 27, 2009.

1. IowaHorn

IowaHorn 25+ Posts

I'm planning a week-long trip to Negril, Jamaica in March for my girlfriend and me. Neither of us have ever been, and I'm looking for some advice on the perfect hotel/resort for us. Past threads seem a little old, so I'm looking for any current experience, tips, and advice anyone may have.

Price is not a major consideration - from what I've seen online, any resort would be within my price range as long as we don't go for their top end suites and such... In general, we tend to prefer places a bit more upscale, without being stuffy and full of families or retirees. We're in our 30s... So, my criteria includes: Must be on the beach. We've beach people, not into cliffs. Must have an on-property restaurant and bar (casual local cuisine is fine). Must have a good sized pool, kid-free, and ideally with swim up bar. Would like a few restaurants and bars within walking distance. We do not want total seclusion where people turn in when the sun goes down. Nor do we want a major party scene - we won't be getting drunk and clubbing all night. Open to all-inclusive resorts as long as there are a few good, quality restaurant options with good seafood and local cuisine. I'm not thrilled about going to Jamaica for Itialian or Thai restaurants like some of the all-inclusives offer...

So... any advice would be much appreciated. Or maybe PM me if you can refer me to a travel agent in the know who could streamline everything compared to the online booking approach I'm currently planning.

2. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

We stay at a place named Coco las Palmas. Has all of what you want. Very friendly and right in the middle of 7 mile beach....

3. jdoggUT

jdoggUT 25+ Posts

Spent a week at Couples negril... I highly recommend that place... all inclusive, great service, adults only and tons of activities...

My trip to Jamaica is still one of my all time favorite vacations for relaxation...