Nematodes and Recent Rain?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by TxStHorn, Mar 12, 2009.

1. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

As luck would have it, I just finished spraying my lawn with it's second application of beneficial nematodes earlier this week.

Now we have been doused with rain for the last few days, and it appears this will continue for at least another 1-2 days - along with a drop in temperature (it's been in the 40's the past few days).

Did I waste my time, due to the heavy rainfall and lower temperatures, and now am going to have to re-apply them when the weather clears? Or will they be ok?

2. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I think you need to observe a moment of silence for your fallen comrades. Doesn't the package say something about not applying them right before rain? It has been a few years since I bought some.

3. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

They went from beneficial to sacrificial.

4. cbs

cbs 500+ Posts

I thought this was going to be a post about insurance adjusters.

5. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

6. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

Those little dudes will probably be OK - They're stored in a 'frig, out at the Natural Gardener, so I bet, say, a 5 degree Temp. difference may not harm them. I bet they just slow down their metabolism until it warms up.

If anything, this is Darwins' Theory in action... the rain itself is nothing but good for them.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

They are just fine. The rain helps them. The weather does not affect them either. Maybe if we had a hard freeze it would affect them. You put so many millions of them they will survive some rough stuff. Kudos for you for putting them down. I need to put some new ones in this year.

Try to get your neighbors on board with this too, it really helps.