New Entrance Video?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LonghorninAustin, Sep 6, 2009.

1. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

We didn't get to our seats in time for the horn entrance so I'm wondering about the new entrance video. Was there one and how was it?

2. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

better, but still not very good.

I am more embarrassed by the Bevo video. That one is down right creepy. Maybe it is the music that is put over the video.

3. UTFan2

UTFan2 250+ Posts

fine. average. fine. big.

I like the Bevos stampeding. I wish the music was more kicka$$.

4. The Gnome Man

The Gnome Man 250+ Posts

I liked the new video a lot.

I don't know if it is new or old, but we have the worst warm up music I can possibly fathom. It sounds like something that should be banned under the Geneva Convention.

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

This thread is worthless without someone posting the new video.

6. HornInWville

HornInWville 25+ Posts

The best part of the new video was that the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear the music. That was a good thing.

As far as the pre-game music. That is what the players want played. It's not bad and it's better than having the slow, boring country music they used to play that put you to sleep.

7. The Gnome Man

The Gnome Man 250+ Posts

I will admit to being slightly (but not entirely) out of touch with music of 18-22 yr olds, but I have a hard time believing that any of the players like that particular music. What do you call it? What is it? What genre is that? All I hear is that guy screaming over and over again. There's no way that's cool.

8. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

No matter who chose it, that warm-up music sounded like a loud, obnoxious broken record.

9. UTFan2

UTFan2 250+ Posts

Yeha, Mack has said they warm up to what the players like (or compromise on) .

It was really really loud. I said I didn't like the music for the new video but it's true that I didn't hear it very well.

10. WFLIP

WFLIP 25+ Posts

New one better than the old one, but I'm sorry......this one still jacks me up more than anything we have: The Link

Va. Tech. Enter Sandman.

11. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

VT is just barely above aggy on the evolutionary ladder...but, yeah, that intro was pretty good.

12. live&die40acres

live&die40acres 100+ Posts

Wasn't at the game. If anyone has a link to the new vid, I'd love to see it! No more orange minitaurs?!?

13. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

So what WAS the warm-up music, for those of us who weren't there?

14. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

The intro was better, ok for the kids.
    The warm up stuff is AWFUL!
    , I'm 60 years old, but rap music is better than that repetitive beat of one or two notes.

15. HornInWville

HornInWville 25+ Posts

Wow, the songs ARE rap songs, just instrumentals. It's the same thing we've done for the past 3 years, maybe 4. Just different songs.

16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I still think we should rock some Gregorian Chant [​IMG]

17. The Gnome Man

The Gnome Man 250+ Posts

Do rap songs normally have a strung out heavy metal guy screaming?

18. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

The warm up stuff is the same as they have always done. They play country songs about Texas for the first hour. Then they do Bad to the Bone right before the players stretch, followed by instrumental hip hop. They've been doing it this way at least since I was a student (early 2000s).

19. The Gnome Man

The Gnome Man 250+ Posts

If it were instrumental, it wouldn't have been that bad. 20+ minutes of that guy screaming seemed a little odd. I think they should try one with fingernails on a chalkboard. Why not make it more than one song? I mainly don't want to hear the guy scream.

20. Dusty

Dusty 250+ Posts

I thought volume level “11” only existed in the movies. It’s alive and despised in DKR Texas Memorial Stadium on game day.

21. RamjetFDO

RamjetFDO 25+ Posts

22. longhorn_melissa

longhorn_melissa 250+ Posts

I think it might have been Lil John and the Eastside Boys or something..that whole "WHAT?!" yelling thing. I personally like the hip hop, but I wish it were a better choice of hip hop.

As far as the video for those of you who didn't get to see it, it's pretty much the exact same except at the beginning it looks like google maps or something with a shot of the whole earth, then it zooms in. Also the longhorns stay longhorns and are never zapped by Earl and Ricky. They still run through the tunnel with old video clips towards the 4 trophies.

23. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

Ramjet thanks. The quality was actually very good. Thanks.

ou sucks [​IMG]

24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The video is definitely improved.

The herd of Longhorns actually appears to be stampeding through campus instead of doing a dainty trot. They show a few seconds of highlight films of Nobis, Layne, Williams, Young, and Campbell. There is no more lightening-induced transformation to minotaurs. And we now have 4 trophies shown in the tunnel instead of 1.

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Guess it is our age DrB, I too thought the intro was on, and on, and on, and on. And I do not remember it being that monotonous previous years. Maybe they start it earlier now, don't know but one part I thought was going to never stop.
    Like others, I thought the entry video was good, not great. But what the heck, I was there for the game and the hoop la - so loved it all.
    Hookem

26. BrntO4Life

BrntO4Life 100+ Posts

27. tsmith44

tsmith44 25+ Posts

were the fans really that loud or did they have the sound turned down a bit sat night? i was in sec 7 and couldnt hear a thing.

28. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

^
    I was by section 35 and it sounded like the Godzillatron wasn't as loud as it could have been.

29. converse

converse 250+ Posts

New video was definitely an improvement. Still prefer the one by NEWhereButATM, but it is getting better.

One thing that was missing from last year was showing the players beginning to walk out of the locker room and down the tunnel. I always thought that was cool and got the crowd going.

As for the music, I'm kinda in the "whatever gets the players ready" camp. Though, I pray that they never decide that they need that stupid "I Hope You Dance" song that they used to win a game.

I've gotta say, I also like that they dropped the Texas Our Texas thing.

30. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

As one of many out-of-state alums who may never see another game at DKR in person, thanks for posting the clip, Ramjet. I think the new video is a big improvement over the old one, with digital longhorn cattle instead of freaky minotaur creatures. I like the sequencing of the video as they run past tributes to great UT players, past the championship trophies and then into the white smoke which segues nicely to the players running onto the field. The new entrance video is a lot tighter/cooler than the old one.

[​IMG]