New Rotation

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by billygoat hill, Apr 13, 2011.

1. billygoat hill

billygoat hill 250+ Posts

Augie announced in his pre-game interview last night that the new weekend pitching rotation is as follows;

1. Jungman
    2. Green
    3. Stafford

Milner moves to middle relief or situational to left handed hitters. I like the change. Cole is close to pitching like the 2010 Cole and Stafford is too good to waste on mid-week games. I think Hoby gives the team a great mid-inning option that we have been lacking in our weekend conference losses. Thoughts? [​IMG]

2. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

In Auggie We Trust!

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

4. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

The coaches seem to be managing the distribution of innings differently this year. I think one reason may be that we have more quality arms than usual.

5. Thorp

Thorp 500+ Posts

Sounds like a good rotation!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. slappinleather

slappinleather 100+ Posts

I like Cole pitching on Sunday and lefty on sat. In Augie we trust!! [​IMG]

7. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Pitching is not the problem, lack of offense is.

8. TXThorn

TXThorn Guest

I think it's an amazing strategy to ready us for the postseason. First of all, presently our main weakness in pitching was in relief. While it was effective most of the time, it also was where we were most vulnerable. We need a guy who can get us from the starter to CK without any bleeding. Hoby is excelent for that.

However, back to my original point, this sets our staff up great for postseason play. It makes us stronger for the first games, and then if we get to a position where our 3 guys are inactive to start a game deep in tourney play, Hoby can start the game and give us quality starter innings before turning it over to middle relief. IMO, this new rotation changes my postseason prediction. I think we now have a much better shot at the CWS with Hoby having good experience getting us from starter to closer. That relief situation was one of my huge concerns. Ofcourse consistent hitting factors in huge, but this move was a big step in making us much more solid from inning one to inning nine. Great move, Augie. [​IMG]

9. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

The problem in a regional is that you don't want to use #1 against a fairly mediocre opponent. But you absolutely cannot lose game 1. So #2 or 3 better be pretty salty, especially given you are going to probably face somebody else's #1 and runs will be hard to come by.

10. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Isn't this the rotation we used vs Tech?

11. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

12. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Really like your handle. I remember Jay Arnette(?) could run up BillyGoat hill and hold the guy to a double.

13. billygoat hill

billygoat hill 250+ Posts

Thanks, I suppose it should be Billy Goat Hill but didn't want to type the space every time. I can remember being there all the time from about 3 years old to '75 when DF opened up. You could get a pretty good view from the north endzone of Memorial stadium too. Classic, one of a kind field. [​IMG]