New S&C Coach

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Jan 2, 2018.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

The new S&C coach embraces social media more than the last so I don’t think we have a real idea of what the previous regimen was but Zillner definitely puts an emphasis on functional strength and flexibility.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I still can't believe we don't know what happened with the former S&C guy . . .

3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Google:
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaun-mcpherson-m-ed-cscs-usaw-03b553b2/

But if you mean what "really" happened......There are so many questions I have whenever something suddenly changes and it's all kept "in house". And no one wants to talk about it because it would? might? cast the UT program in a negative light.

4. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

I remember Karen Aston introducing him on TV and saying something about the new guy being one who could "take us to the highest level." Maybe it was just a simple decision about improving the program with better coaching personnel.

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, McPherson was also at Kansas previously. Wonder if he had a prior working relationship with Zilner.

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Have no idea.

Sometimes schools provide an official release when a coach moves on; sometimes they don't. Seemed like out of nowhere this summer we see the announcement of Zilner's hire.