new target? (old home depot at 183/great hills)

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by CleverNickname, Dec 24, 2007.

1. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

The Home Depot moved over to the Arbor Walk (Breaker & MoPac), leaving its old location at 183/great hills-ish empty. I had heard it was going to become a Target, which would be kind of handy for me. But I haven't heard any updates. Anyone know whats going on?

2. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

i heard the same thing before the home depot moved and it would also be convenient for me. i haven't heard anything since then though.

3. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

That would be sweet.

4. lnghrngrl

lnghrngrl 25+ Posts

Target assumed the lease.

5. DrPepperHorn

DrPepperHorn 100+ Posts

Target ******* rules. That is all.

6. CleverNickname

lnghrngrl, know anything in particular? The building has been empty for a while.

7. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

That's kind of curious since there's a Target about 2 miles east on 183. Wonder if they'll ditch that location because they have another near 290 & I-35.

8. WithoutAClue

WithoutAClue 100+ Posts

According to the AAS this morning there is a plumbing issue with
    the site and once that gets resolved then they will begin renovating
    the site. No timeline given.

9. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

10. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

11. drew corleone

drew corleone 25+ Posts

I live across the street, so I've been following this for a while. The Community Impact Newsletter confirmed the future home about six months ago. About two months ago they posted a sign along Great Hills stating something about pending permits, and just in the last week or so, construction has begun on the premises.

12. lnghrngrl

lnghrngrl 25+ Posts

13. drew corleone

drew corleone 25+ Posts

FYI... demolition started about a week ago. It's funny to see the back of it as I drive south on Great Hills... it's just half of a building shell. They're making a lot of progress on clearing out the Home Depot building.

14. CleverNickname

Woah. I didn't know the building was coming down, I just thought they'd slap a new sign out front.

15. drew corleone

drew corleone 25+ Posts

Yeah, I thought the same, but i was also wondering how a Target was going to fit in that tiny building. I'm still wondering how they're going to manage a full store and parking lot given the current space constraints. The lot isn't even close to being as big as the one for the Ohlend lot.