New Texas AD - Chris Del Conte

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Dec 9, 2017.

1. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Jury is still out on Del Conte for me, but eliminating some of the bloat is a good thing. Sometimes the more people you have the less things get done. There also seems to be less accountability. I approve. Not that anyone cares.

Also, those titles are ridiculous. Are they working at the University of Texas Center for Kids who Play Football Good and Wanna Learn to do Other Stuff Good Too

rick mueller likes this.
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 2,500+ Posts

Sangre,

When you a have cancer, you do NOT ask the doctor to move it to a less intrusive part of your body, YOU GET RID OF THE ****!

mchammer likes this.
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 2,500+ Posts

They are having to work in an educratic environment, meaning people on the 40 Acres outside of Bellmont do not understand the real world and are all about positioning & titles rather than production. Goofy ******** titles are nothing more than an excuse to pay more money - see also "head coach in waiting"

:hookem2:

Statalyzer likes this.
  4. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 1,000+ Posts

When I was going on my rant about the Service Academies never for a second ever gave a thought to Hooterville. But sadly, they truly think that they are one. Not enough Xanax on earth to help those people.

The Academy's have an honor code. A real one At Hooterville it is basically:

Aggies don't lie, cheat or steal, nor associate with those that do, unless of course they are really good recruiters.

Again, our low tier OOC games need to be used to form the brand of like minded schools. Northwestern, Stanford, (the next person that says Tulane gets a throat punch), etc,

Discuss.

:bevo::texasflag::deadhorse:

ViperHorn likes this.
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Check these guys out -- I dont see why any Texas fan would want to put them back on the schedule

Dionysus likes this.
  6. rick mueller

rick mueller 500+ Posts

Just when you think their delusion has hit its lowest point, they dig the hole deeper!

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's a day later but aggy as "America's Team" still makes me belly laugh

rick mueller and BabHorn like this.
  8. mchammer

mchammer 2,500+ Posts

For sheep farmers everywhere

9. Badass

Badass 1,000+ Posts

We have the best AD ever!

humahuma likes this.
  10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Drop the beer prices also

11. blonthang

blonthang 1,000+ Posts

Othello will be pleased with Mississippi State's promotion.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CDC attempted to secretly schedule a home-and-home with aggy
    Had to settle for Alabama

BON: You set up the home-and-home with Alabama rather quickly. Alabama hasn’t played a true road non-conference game since traveling to Penn State in 2011. What sparked that game and how complicated is the process setting up these marquee nonconference games?

CDC: If you look at our scheduling right now for a moment. The philosophy has always been to have a big-time opponent. This year we have USC on the back end of home-and-home. Then we have LSU, home-and-home. Then we have a return game to Arkansas. Then Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan again. So I think our philosophy is always trying to play a significant brand opponent as one of our three non-conference games. And that’s been great.

With the Alabama game, we had Ohio State reach out to me and ask to move our game back a couple years because they were able to schedule Notre Dame. I understood that. I said, “Okay, but let me find a game before we do that.”

The athletics director at Alabama is a dear friend of mine and said ‘Hey, do you want to play a home-and-home?’ And I said ‘Yeah, let’s do that.’ And we were able to do that.

We talked briefly to (aggy). (aggy) was already booked at the time and couldn’t do it. Alabama had an opening and away we went.

BON: So you actually have already talked with (aggy) about a potential game?

CDC: Yeah, I said “Hey, if I’m able to move this game does it make sense?”

But see the problem isn’t that they said no.........

Driver 8 and X Misn Tx like this.
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I have no idea what "Texas quality" means for random junk food that I would never bother ordering if driving, parking, walking, watching, walking, and driving again didn't take 6-7 hours. But at least they eliminated the need for quarters and put everything in whole-dollar increments; that was smart. $3 bottled water when it's a 100 degree summer day and you are banned from bringing in water and there are almost no fountains (and the few that exist pump out hot water only) is still BS. I don't care that it's industry standard almost everywhere, it's still BS almost everywhere.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts