New Ticket Options Coming Soon

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by easy, Jun 28, 2016.

1. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

I took a look online today at the ND single game tickets available for the entire west side upper decks and found less than 125 single seats available to purchase in sections 102 to 109.

Not sure when the remaining ND single seats will be advertised to the general public for purchase but my guess is it will be close to when students arrive and have the opportunity to buy extras for their family and friends.

2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

It's been a disheartening 3 years at that. As we know, Patterson arrived in Nov 2013 and his first hire was underwhelming for a premiere national program.

To land the less than inspiring Strong, and in typical corporate fashion, he assembled an 8-member advisory team and hired Korn/Ferry International. :puke:

The eight members of the committee are listed below.

• Steve Hicks, vice chairman of the UT System Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons and owner and executive chairman of Capstar Partners LLC, a private investment firm.

• Robert Stillwell, member of the UT System Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, retired partner at Baker Botts LLP and an original director of Mesa Petroleum Co.

• Michael Clement, accounting professor and faculty representative to the Men’s and Women’s Athletics Councils.

• Ricardo Hinojosa, United States federal judge for the Southern District of Texas and former member of the University’s Commission of 125.

• Charles Matthews, former vice president and general counsel of Exxon Mobil and current president of the Texas Exes.

• Robert Rowling, former member of the UT System Board of Regents and owner and chairman of TRT Holdings Inc.

• Charles Tate, chairman of Capital Royalty and former member of the executive committee of the University’s Commission of 125.

• Pamela Willeford, former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein and former chairwoman of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.

Far be it from me, but if I'm a competent AD, I have no need for any football input from over half of those people listed above.

As a matter of fact, a solid AD solicits advice when needed but autonomously conducts the search and makes decisions on his own terms.

Even worse Patterson hired outside recruiting firm Korn/Ferry. :puke:

There's two main reasons 10,000 seats remain for ND...

1) Corporate dipsh*t AD made an underwhelming HC hire
    2) 11-13 has been the floundering result ever since

I'm not trying to bash Strong and have high (but cautious) hopes for 2016.

But a higher profile coach or even Strong after 7-6 and 8-5 wouldn't have casual fans (bottom end of ticket sales) still uncommitted and in 'wait and see' mode.

ND crushed us last opener, since then we haven't shown significant growth on the field.

It's understandable why casual fans are waiting for more evidence of value. Only winning or hiring a new inspiring coach will solve the empty seats problems.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  3. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Winning cures all evils. Or it does at Waco, Hooterville, et al.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Nailed it!!