New York is having a rough time

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

It's all part of the plan.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

New York is in play like Alabama is in play. They might take back a congressional seat or two though.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Would be nice to see the people of that city show a little sanity.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree, and I think there's a real opportunity to gain voters in these cities where the radical Left is wildly overshooting. However, we need a candidate who speaks their language. We need to start caring about persuasion and advocacy again, and Trump is the last guy who's likely to do that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Based off the tag, it looks like this was taken Aug 7 (but not certain)
    If Biden wins, all these Dem cities and states will be in line for yuge bailouts
    Trump wont give them near the same
    The stakes are big on many fronts this election

• poop poop x 1
  7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I've seen the video before, it was recorded back in June or July, but still it's no less powerful.

8. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

IMHO, non-residential commercial real estate has real problems ahead. I don't see much need for office space and retail centers. I think manufacturing moves and expansions will be weak for the next few years. There will be some blood-letting in residential over the next year, but I think it will recover quickly.

9. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

Especially in the suburbs and some rural areas.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

If you are going to invest in land do so in areas of much smaller cities and towns, that is where the real estate is going to be most popular. People are getting the hell out of Dodge, and New York, and Chicago, and every other major city they think is infected with the idiots of the DNC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Per ABC - 49 new shootings in NYC over the last 72 hours

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

These people are unbelievable

"There’s no money for regular trash pickups or to maintain city parks, but Mayor Bill de Blasio’s wife enjoys a 14-member staff — including a $70,000 videographer who captured her baking cookies during the pandemic.

Some of the Chirlane McCray staffers, who cost city taxpayers nearly $2 million a year combined, work for the first lady’s $1.25 billion mental health initiative ThriveNYC, which has come under fire for its lack of metrics.

“Whatever happened to the money from ThriveNYC?” asked City Councilman Eric Ulrich (R-Queens). “How much taxpayer money will the mayor’s wife pilfer before leaving office? How can she sleep at night hiring these hacks knowing so many other city workers are facing layoffs this fall? This is a disgrace!” Ulrich fumed.

McCray has a core team of eight staffers, according to a recent list provided to The Post following a Freedom of Information Law request filed in October 2019. This is despite the city facing layoffs of 22,000 municipal workers over the coronavirus-induced budget crisis.

There’s a $117,000-a-year speechwriter, even though McCray held that same position under former Mayor David Dinkins, and a $150,000-a-year senior adviser who was recruited in April after de Blasio announced a hiring freeze to help close a $7 billion deficit caused by the coronavirus...."

https://nypost.com/2020/08/18/chirlane-mccray-enjoys-2m-staff-of-14-as-nyc-lets-trash-pile-up/
    [​IMG]

• poop poop x 1
  13. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

Typical Gucci Liberals. Just more of the same- do as I say not as I do mentality. Kind of like the genius/Nobel Prize winning/inventor of the internet- and his gigantic carbon foot print lifestyle. All the while having the unmitigated gall to preach about climate change.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's amazing how the same story repeats itself through time

15. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

Yes, it's pathetic.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Anyone shocked?

When music’s biggest stars descend on New York for the Video Music Awards this week, NYPD cops will show up to check out the shows.

But they won’t be judging the talent. Officers in the NYPD’s TV/Movie unit will see if the performers and their entourages are wearing masks and staying socially distant, city officials told The Post.
    But unlike other travelers, the VMA musicians, singers and dancers won’t have to follow a state rule to quarantine for 14 days if they come to New York from any of 34 states, including California and Florida, with average COVID infection rates exceeding 10 percent.

Visiting VMA stars get a pass on NYC COVID-19 quarantine rules

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. Anybody can claim to cite an internal poll. I'm having a hard time buying it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Could be true on its merits (I.e., voters registering their frustrations) but may not correlate with actual votes.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And just like that Plessy v. Ferguson was hot again

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  22. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, that is just what this whole situation has had me thinking for awhile. We are going backwards if we acknowledge some of these radicals and their thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Separate But Equal is now "woke"

• Funny Funny x 3
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Over the weekend, NYC had at least 45 people shot, 8 dead
    Including a 25-year-old mom of 3 who was fatally shot in the head outside Bronx school

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

All I can do is:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Not to be crass, but that will be used as an argument in favor of e learning.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Which is arguably an anti-feminist position

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Do something right for once FBI

• Like Like x 1
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts