newcastle united 2007-2008 thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hayden_Horn, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

okay, *************. i know i'm not the only magpie fan on here, so step the f**k up. not only did we manage to get rid of roeder (the epl version of art shell) but we got rid of ******* SHEPHERD. god, if the future were any brighter, the stadium of light would've burned the f**k down.
    to top it off, ******* martins (my fave current newcastle player) nailed two goals in the season opener against our manager's former club.

let's show the rest of these ******* frontrunner american epl fans that we can hang.

let's go newcastle, and sunderland scabs can burn

2. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

America, f**k yeah!

3. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

4. 4thGeneration

4thGeneration 25+ Posts

5. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

solano was a fun little guy - hustled his *** off and played for the team rather than for himself.

dyer...well...bye.

6. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

I'm with you, Hayden. Toon Army, *******.

7. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

8. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

Ya that one was great. I remember him and Lauren Robert were always capable of scoring ridiculous goals from distance.

9. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

we'll miss solano for sure.

10. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

i thought our play against aston villa was pretty piss poor for a home debut. but i'll take the point, grudgingly.

nicky butt was on fire defensively, though. he had three perfect tackles. of course, his midfield passing is...stressful.

i'm also still a little pissed that big sam took out martins for owen. sure, martins wasn't on fire with lots of attempts, but he's been the best player for united in recent times. i would've liked to see what martins and owen could've done together. thought he should've taken viduka out, as the guy was just drawing whistles left and right.

11. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

If Mickey is healthy, does that put Martins on the bench or Viduka? Martins seems too good to rotate while Viduka is a better fit to partner with Owen or Martins.

Owen has to play because Newcastle has spent too much money on him to be on the bench.

I don't know if Newcastle is looking to play 4-3-3 as that would leave Milner on the bench.

Some interesting decisions for Big Sam.

12. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

oh, owen absolutely has to play. but i'm not sure it should be at the expense of such a goal-scorer. i mean, he bagged two goals in the first game.

and i'm not entirely sold on viduka anyways. it will be interesting how it all plays out.

13. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Tough question - a Martins/Owen pairing doesn't seem like it would be nearly as effective as Viduka/Owen or Viduka/Martins, but I agree that Viduka seems the odd man out.

14. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

it is a moot question. owen will be out for the season sooner than later which will provide Newcastle with the preferred Viduka/Martins pairing

15. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

^^ [​IMG]
    The Link

don't like the rumors here. the writer sounds doubtful that saf would want the nigerian, but he's currently my favorite newcastle player. losing him to manchester u would be a kick in the pants.

16. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

Martins is one of my favorites as well, regardless of the fact that he's 29. [​IMG]

17. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

you shut your mouth. he's really only 20! [​IMG]

18. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

looks like owen, viduka, and smith up front. i'm still not sold on viduka. martins is on the bench. <grumbling>

we really need a win today.

19. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

why are we losing to derby and why is obafemi martins on the bench? i'm beside myself here.

20. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

kill me now. i'm starting to question sam's sanity. leaving martins on the bench until the 70th minute, then taking owen OFF for him and leaving smith (yellow card magnet) and ******* ameobi out there is unconscionable.

i think sam hates martins. its the only logical reason to sit him. he's your ******* leading scorer!

21. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

Sam just wishes he could do backflips like Obafemi can.

22. Frogstyle

Frogstyle 25+ Posts

f**k the toon, Hayden.

23. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

you know what, frogstyle? you may be my homie, but that **** is harsh. who are your boys?

24. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

wow. what a horrible loss.

25. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

The Link

26. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

27. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

Owen is country over club at this point in his career.

28. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

29. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

and he's inexplicably taking time away from martins... funny how big sam is such a hypocrite about "fit over healthy" - he won't put given back out in goal because harper's been playing well. but the first second he gets, he yanks martins for owen.

30. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

In theory, Owen should play very well off of Viduka, probably better than Martins who is a less conventional forward.

Not an issue now as Owen looks to be out for a while. Martins is a dynamic game changer.

The linked goal shows what Martins is all about

Martins goal