Next 5 games

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by dalhorn1, Jan 19, 2012.

1. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

W-L record for next 5, starting with Kansas?

I'll take 1-4, sole win over Tech, stopping the losing streak at 6

2. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I know this team is young and all so I don't have huge expectations. That being said, I just want them to make the tourney. That's it.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

4. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I agree except for the fact that there are only a couple of sure-fire losses left on the schedule. I'm obviously not saying that we're only going to lose two more games; however, I am saying that most of the remaining games are doable.

Take out at Baylor and at Kansas and we should be able to compete in the remaining games.

5. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

To put it nicely, our defense is horrid and should be burned with fire. How do you let McGruder drop 33 on you? That team just lost to ou if that tells you anything. NIT if we are lucky.

6. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I like this team, they battle and battle and the KSU game was a good example.

I think they are 3-2 over the next 5 games. They beat Iowa State at home, Missouri at home and Texas Tech at home.

I was not impressed by Missouri, way over rated nationally as usual. 4 guards is really the number 5 team in the nation? As is usual Missouri is over rated they will fall and fall hard.

7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Kansas L
    Iowa St. W
    Baylor L
    Mizzu L
    Tx Tech W

2-3 against some very stiff competion. This young team fights hard. Plays with guts, plays the entire game, never gives up. I like them. They could win three of the five, but would need some luck. And we are due for some good bounces to come our way.

8. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Should go 2-3. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 1-4 the way they have played D the last couple games. I might have to back off of my 19-12 prediction if they can't get over the hump and beat one of the top teams in the conference. Even if we did manage to beat MU in Austin, or Baylor down the line or whatever, I still think we're NIT-bound at the moment.

Keep in mind that this isn't necessarily a horrible thing. You're playing other NIT teams in that tournament in nationally-televised games, so you know the level of play will be closer than if we went to the Big Dance. Baylor had the nice NIT run 3 years ago and got all the way to the final, showing off what some of their young guys could do. Now Baylor's sitting pretty.

9. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

2-3. The team is obviously very young and there is not a big man inside to help defensively and rebound. We really are missing TT this year. Should be a good team next year with the big guys coming in and all of the young freshman currently returning.

It has been hard to get into the season so far as not many games have been televised on stations that are available for me. Big mistake I think putting all those early games on the LHN.

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts