NFL Draft

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zuckercanyon, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

3 games against us. 26 rec 492 yds, 4 tds

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think there is some question about his speed after his ACL. If so, that is even more telling about our DBs

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think college's ability to evaluate matters. Not all 5 and high 4 stars have similar ability ... hence our top 5 classes aren't producing pros the way similarly rated classes at Clemson and Ohio State.

4. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

OUCH!

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Maybe I missed it but I did not know Herman read donor letters to the team. The letters and email saying no money if the Eyes isn't played.
    Caden Sterns talked about it in an article about the injuries he has had which caused him to slide in the draft.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Way to go Cosmi and Ossai!
    I hope you have long and fruitful careers.
    The only reason I watch the NFL is to check up on former Longhorns.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

Agreed - I stopped watching or caring about the NFL some time ago with the exception of the occasional glance to see how former Longhorns are doing. Hope this year's class experiences abundant success.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Will Sam E. get drafted or will he be an un-drafted free agent? I’m guessing the latter.
    Romo was undrafted. Brady was a 6th (I think) rounder. Sometimes late comers work out just fine.

9. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Previously I was confident he'd get drafted late. Now I'm doubtful. In fact I believe no other 'horns name will be called. Thought Eagles had a shot but no more.

10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

the hugging of the commissioner seems sort of girlish and don't these guys understand he is the frontman for the swine who will shortly own them?

I just heard the Blue Angels flying overhead so I am going outside to watch

11. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Garamond and sterns chosen 5th round

12. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Graham

• Like Like x 2
  13. I_Dont_Exist

Have to admit forgot all about Graham. Sterns is most likely a wasted pick. And that has nothing to do with "the eyes".

14. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

And no good olinemen to upgrade that diminished and suspect line, so......

15. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

And I forgot all about Garamond.
    He quietly had a terrific season!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

Well, Tyron and La'el Collins back change everything on that line. Plus they signed a swing T. Maybe they should have drafted an OG but I'm glad they stocked up on D. They must feel great about the line just dropped a pick on a WR which really doesn't seem like a need at all.

17. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Agree - they're well-stocked at receiver, but could definitely use some depth in the OL.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The lack of attention to the OL by Jones makes me wonder if Jerry has some knowledge of the trade market or free agency to rebuild the OL.

19. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Sterns will have a long and fruitful career as an understudy to Colin Kapernick. Sterns can't tackle and that's a minus in tackle football. Bet he's worth millions in 10 years but not because of football.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  20. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Sam drafted by the Colts!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. I_Dont_Exist

Sam picked in 6th by colts. Happy to.be wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I never thought I would live long enough to say this, but it could be worse than working for the Irsay family. That pretty much says everything you need to know about NFL owners.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

To Crock's point I am watching Pre Derby. They have Bill Billicheck(sp?) and Bob Baffert.
    Each complimented the other.
    But Bob had the money quote.
    He said He and Bill knew how to indentify great athletes and then knew how to get the best out of them.
    What a great trait

• Like Like x 1
  24. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

I’m sooooooo happy for Sam! Truly happy for this stud of a young man!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

So happy for Sam. Much better chance to get treated well and make the team as a draft pick instead of as a FA.

Sam was like a movie that was widely popular but the critics weren’t giving it many stars. He got quite a lot of fluffy praise and credit, but not much actual recognition as being a straight up good quarterback. So he was kind of simultaneously the most overrated QB (by so many fans) and most underrated (by so many people who would say he wasn’t in Colt’s league).
    I think his shoulder will mend up and he will prove to be a good NFL quarterback. We may in retrospect see that he was elevating LJH and Devin and not the other way around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Duv dropped one ball in his entire UT career. He would elevate any college QB. You put him with Colt and he has the same production Quan had.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

We shall see! Bwahahahahaha (sinister laugh, twirl mustache).

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Carson Wentz JUST cannot escape being followed by Westlake QB's :lmao::hookem3:

How long before he decides he needs to be somewhere else besides Indy?

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Sam goes to the Colts in the sixth. The best Colt qb ever got drafted in the ninth round by Pittsburg. And got cut in training camp. Colts picked him up for a Fifty cent phone call.

good luck to a great competitor

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1