NFL talent on team now

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by VYFan, Apr 27, 2008.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

It seemed like Jamaal, Limas (when playing), Jermichael and Okam were our best players last year, except maybe Colt. Question: Are there future first-round NFL players on our roster, that you see as of now?

2. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Off the top of my head...possibilities for next year.

Brian Orakpo
    Roy Miller
    Quan Cosby

[​IMG]

3. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

Quan Cosby will not be a first round pick. I don't know about Roy Miller or Brian Orakpo either, they would need to have monster seasons. I've seen Orakpo projected as a OLB at the next level as well.

I think in the future a lot of our DB's and some of our WR's definitely have 1st round talent and obviously Sergio has the talent, but hasn't shown it consistently on the field.

4. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

no way quan is first round. very unlikely roy is first round. orakpo would need a DJ like senior season to be considered.

5. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

As much as I love Quan, there is no way he will be a first round pick.

I think the only players that could be first rounders next year are Orakpo and Miller...with Rak having a better shot than Roy.

6. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

Our young DBs and LBs have some NFL potential. Colt will get drafted if he proves to be durable.

7. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

I did not claim to be an expert, which is why I said POSSIBILITIES.

[​IMG]

8. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

Cedrick Dockery, assuming no further injuries. [​IMG]

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn 1,000+ Posts

We are pretty bare in regards to draftable talent in relationship to the Natinoal Title team. We can now close the books on who all got drafted from that team- right?

I think we probably had 20 or 22 of the guys that saw the field that day get drafted and/or make a roster.

I don't think you are going to be able to say the same about our holiday bowl team this past year as a for example.

Hope we see an surge in the amount of draftable talent. I really had no desire to watch the draft and barely checked in b/c I wasn't expecting a ton of guys to go.

Disappointing to only have 1 first day guy go, and that at the *** end of the day.

10. houstonearlers

houstonearlers 100+ Posts

Most of the top-shelf talent on our team are in the three most recent recruiting classes.

11. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

12. hookemcmw

hookemcmw 100+ Posts

Just for fun, I looked at 5 or 6 mock drafts for next year on various sites. I realize that they are not official, have no bearing, and don't mean anything at all, but I thought it was as least interesting that almost all of them had anywhere from 3 or 4 Sooners in the first round, 0 Longhorns in any of them, and most of them had Crabtree going early in the 1st.

You can tell we had a couple of lean years in recruiting. After JC, Finley, Sweed have departed, we will see some emerge as the year goes on, but I cant imagine a lot of NFL 1st round talent by any means and perhaps just a lot of "2nd day of the draft" kind of talent on this team.

13. TenDeadF1ngerz

TenDeadF1ngerz 100+ Posts

Colt will not get drafted, and neither will Quan - short and slow does not translate well at the next level.

14. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

For what it's worth, this 2009 mock draft on SI.com has Orakpo as a first rounder.

Link

15. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

Miller and Orakpo could break the 1st next year.

Lewis and Dockery will be intriguing, possibly gone by the 3rd.

Palmer and melton could get drafted on athleticism and speed.

16. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

We don't have much NFL talent in the upper classes this year. Our younger guys are stocked with it but of the older guys I would say

Roy Miller
    Brian Orakpo
    Cedric Dockery
    Quan Cosby
    Aaron Lewis

and maybe a few juniors but not much.