NFL Trades

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BevoJoe, Jan 30, 2021.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

This Stafford deal made me do a double take. Stafford has been with the Lions 12 seasons and made the playoffs what...once? And what the Rams gave up; Jared Goff, 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick in the draft. That's nuts...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The Stafford's and the Kershaw's living in the same town again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hard to do with no supporting cast

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Houston isn't nearly smart enough, and they are going nowhere this decade, so they should be studying the Herschel Walker trade, but they will try to deal Watson for the Jets for their first this year and a few lower round picks. Then they will use the Jets pick to grab the QB from Bucknell, claiming he's the next Romo.

6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I gave up on Houston when they passed on Vince. The McNair family believes you win Super Bowls with a defensive end and a under the radar QB. Have they ever won a playoff game?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Houston has made the playoffs 4 times but only advanced once as I recall.

8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure Stafford is better than Goff, but...wow...that is a steep price to pay if you are a Ram

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Could be that Goff is bridge or filler type QB and the Lions will use at least one of those first round picks to draft a highly rated QB in the next year or so and let them develop while Goff starts. As for the Rams, Stafford has 12 years in the League and made the playoffs 3 times with 0 wins.

10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Probably not a good trade for the Rams, and highway robbery by the Lions. “If” the Rams “win” a Super Bowl with Stafford I will change my assessment. Anything less and they are mortgaging their future.

Now, I will add that if Stafford is as good as many believe, indeed the Rams will win a SB.