NHL Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Longhorn_Fan68, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Cmon Stars make it a quick victory. I need to watch the Spurs game!

2. Myrrhman

Myrrhman 25+ Posts

My hatred of JR has just slightly lessened!

3. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

NICE!!!!

Looks like you got your wish...now go watch the Suns beat the Spurs!

4. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

5. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

um, ******* wow!

6. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

7. addison4ya_28

addison4ya_28 25+ Posts

Anyone know a good bar in Houston to watch the Stars? There has to be some place where Dallas transplants get together...

8. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

9. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

yeah so i had just gotten back from witnessing UT's 20th no hitter of it's history and decided to check the dallas/SJ score. noticed it was in OT, so i just listened to it and then BOOM. about 30 seconds after i turned on my speakers, we were up 3 games to 0.
    lets go stars

10. Longhorn_Fan68

We're meeting again at Legends for the game tonight. We had about 50 folks come out last night. I'm hoping for a similar crowd tonight. Look for the guy with long hair and glasses, that's me.

11. Texan

Texan 25+ Posts

I went to the game last night. First playoff hockey game I've been to. Badass is an understatement. The Erwin center was never even half as loud as it was at times last night.

12. Thanks Matty!

A very timely goal so I could finish watching the Spurs close out PHX.

I don't want to jinx anything but it looks like it will be Stars vs Redwings in one hellacious Western Finals.

GO STARS!!

13. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

is anyone straming the game on their PC?

14. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

no. it was on FSN (finally...f them).

it's on versus friday night. lets go stars!

15. Longhorn_Fan68

ugh. wish we could have closed it out at home. Hopefully we'll take the game friday.

16. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

we looked tired. i'm not optimistic about game 5. this thing will be over sunday though. mark it down.

17. Longhorn_Fan68

Tonight's game is very important. The Stars need to muster a win. They need to close this thing out now that Detroit has obliterated the Avs.

18. Myrrhman

Myrrhman 25+ Posts

They did look tired, but so did San Jose until Zubov's turnover. It was a complete game-changer. I fully believe that if Richards' shot off the crossbar moments earlier had been an inch lower this series would be over. But it wasn't, and it's not.

With that said, the Sharks haven't scored more than 2 goals in a game this series yet, and I don't expect them to tonight either.

19. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

WHY IS VERSUS NOT IN HD?!?!!?!!??!

[​IMG]

20. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

not sure why VS is not in HD...but they need it up in the replay booth...that was a goal by Morrow and they took it away. That was not a kicking motion. [​IMG]

21. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

Gonna call that back, *******?

2-0

22. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

so true dfw...hahaha! Great goal by Morrow. [​IMG]

23. Myrrhman

Myrrhman 25+ Posts

God Zubov is just brutal in the defensive zone.

24. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

Well, that was certainly a kick in the pants. [​IMG]

25. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

What a joke! That call looked like a call in a David Stern ran league. The only difference is these refs even had the benefit of a very clear video slow motion replay. Also, Versus is in HD. At least on DISH.

For what it is worth you can call 212-789-2000 to contact the NHL League offices. I left a message for Bettman with my phone number on it. I wonder if I get a call back.

26. Longhorn_Fan68

I don't often (or ever?) blame the game on the refs/officials/whatever, but that was ******* ridiculous. Horse ****.

27. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

28. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

didn't see it. went to bed during 2nd intermission. WTF happened?

29. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

well i'll be at the game tonight as i've driven up from austin to attend tonights game. i'm already nervous as f**k but the stars are 2-0 when i've gone to games in the playoffs so far. hopefully the streak will continue

30. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

well there's a goal and a lead for dallas. good things happen when zubov shoots the puck.