NHL Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Longhorn_Fan68, Apr 6, 2008.

1. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

...************

2. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

that there was a wicked hit by morrow. hopefully the stars can come out for overtime with their hair on fire.

3. madscientist

absurd save by nabokov. series should be over.

4. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

un.real.

5. madscientist

stars had this game won and lost about 4 times each in this first overtime. i shouldn't be up right now but i'm not giving in just yet.

6. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

the way things are going do not bode well

7. madscientist

i guess penalties don't happen in playoff overtime.

8. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

If that wasn't a high stick there is no high stick rule.

9. chickennugget

chickennugget 100+ Posts

buckle up ladies. This puppy is gonna go all freakin night.

10. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

i'm almost to that point where I just want a goal so I can sleep......almost.

11. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Maybe it's the late night and the gin talking, but I think I'm in love with Ice Girl Laura.

12. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah. This sucks. It's past 2AM here in TN. 4th period getting ready to start. Luckily I don't have to work until 11:30 tomorrow. Still....

13. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

1130??? Give me a break.

Mandatory formation at 0645, baby. [​IMG]

14. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah Stars! Yeah sleep!

Great game. I'm not sure what I would have done had they lost....

16. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Sweet Mother of Mercy.

What.

A.

Game.

The goalies weren't just standing on their heads, they were breakdancing.

Thank goodness the good guys won!

GO STARS!!!

18. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

Holy_fucking_shit. What a game! I may not be able to go to sleep for days now. Wow!

19. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

20. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

MAR-TY!!! MAR-TY!!! MAR-TY!!! [​IMG]

And Morrow is a certified bad ***. THAT, my friends, is a captain. [​IMG]

21. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

GO STARS!!!

22. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Ok, I suck...I shut it down after the 1st overtime. The intermissions were killing me. The Morrow hit on Michalek at the end of regulation may have been the difference. Morrow is having a whale of a post season.

23. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

I haven't seen any times posted yet....

No. 1 Detroit Red Wings vs. No. 5 Dallas Stars
    Thursday, May 8 -- Dallas at Detroit
    Saturday, May 10 -- Dallas at Detroit
    Monday, May 12 -- Detroit at Dallas
    Wednesday, May 14 -- Detroit at Dallas
    *-Saturday, May 17 -- Dallas at Detroit
    *-Monday, May 19 -- Detroit at Dallas
    *-Wednesday, May 21 -- Dallas at Detroit

24. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Holy moly, look at the boxscore.

Brendan Morrow had *NINETEEN* hits. No one else had more than than nine. Dude is a warrior...

25. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Drove up from Temple yesterday for my first NHL playoff game. I must say that my friend and I stayed for the entire game and got back just after 4 this morning. Wow what a game. We were on the goal line at the Club level, just across from the centering pass to Morrow for the game winner. I was lucky not to fall over the tiny glass partition into the seats below. That game was madness!

PS I only called Bettman once during the game. Also, a friend that works with the Stars said Bettman was supposed to be at the game last night, but canceled kind of last minute. He thinks Bettman knew that call in Game 5 was a blown call and didn't want to face the jeers from Stars fans.

26. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

Just curious, what percentage of the crowd stayed for the entire game?

27. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

That save by Nabakov in the first OT was one of the best I have ever seen.

I work in Detroit during the week, so hopefully I can catch one of the games. Go Stars!

28. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

i stayed up for the clincher. so glad it happened. still really can't believe we are playing this next series for the western conference championship and a berth in the finals. letting this one soak. more later

29. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

i too stayed for the entire game as did all the other 7 i was with. thank god the stars won because by the time the game finally ended it was already too late to go out and drink heavily if we wouldve lost. i tried to go down and use my platinum pass around the 3rd OT but they weren't selling any more alcohol by that point. the save by nabokov was absolutely criminal. best save i've seen in person and it happened right in front of us. we were directly behind that net 2 decks up on the front rows.

as for the crowd..... not too many people left even though it was a sunday night. i'd say about 5% or so would leave after each overtime. prolly 70% were left at games end at 1:30am. it was madness and it was ******* allsome though. GO STARS!!!

i get back from my cruise on the 18th, so maybe i'll get to catch a game in dallas for game 6 on the 19th if it goes that long. that would be the ****. here's to a great series with the red wings and hopefully we put up more of a fight than the avs did.

30. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

nice fark.
    I can't come up with enough superlatives for the goaltending in game 6. Nabby deserves better, but not this season thank you.

Morrow was the man (or alpha-male as Razor said). I wish we'd seen more of Ott during the OTs; obviously he's responsible defensively or Tip wouldn't have him on the PK. I guess he's afraid of Otter crossing that fine line and drawing a game ending PP (akin to Campbell's).

At the beginning of the playoffs, I'd have said that Dallas could beat anyone this postseason except for Detroit. After 3-0 over the Sharks, I was beginning to "believe." With the struggle to close them out, losing Barnes, and playing a 4 OT game, I'm concerned again.

From the Duh Department: Turco is going to have to be awesome to take down the Wings. Like .935 save% good.

The numbers (PK%, PP%, Save%, Shot%) say Detroit in 7, but I think if
    Dallas can make it to game 7, it's a 50/50 proposition.

A game 7 means that either: a) the Stars have already stolen one there, or b) they've swept Detroit at home. Either way, with the confidence from winning 2 in Anaheim and 2 in SJ, and taking 3 from the Wings, they'll have the confidence to win in Motown.

That, plus Marty now knows that he can will them to victory.