Nice to see Billy Sims has sobered up for the Heisman presentation...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn87, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

oh wait, perhaps not! Was good to see Ricky and Earl there to represent, although sad to see Earl not able to grace the stage. He's still up there in our hearts, no doubt!! :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

VY should have been on that stage!

The 2005 Heisman was won and later lost by that tainted swine Reggie Bush!

:vy:

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sims has a disease, which is nothing to make lite of. By the Grace of God, I have never used drugs, nor been an alcoholic, but I have lost close friends to both. Some I knew had a problem, some I didn't have a clue. Some get help, some need help, but as a very intelligent coach told me, "some people you just can't help, so you keep 'em close and try to protect them".

Best Oklahoma football player I ever saw was Rod Choate, gone way too soon to drugs.

I didn't watch the Hype$man, but I assure you that numberS of people in the Sooner nation did everything possible to have Sims show up sober. Great talent, who couldn't handle the fame.

4. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

As a former drug and alcohol abuser this thread is insensitive at best.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If you can only "color" me with one brush, make sure it is the "politically incorrect brush"

:texasflag:

• Like Like x 3
  6. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

If this was directed at me what the hell are talking about?

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No, it was a general comment, which most this board already know; I am not now and never will be "politically" correct. although I support the single most politically correct university in the country.

• Like Like x 1