'Nidal Hassan Did the Right Thing'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by TexasEd, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

From the Imam at the Mosque Hasan attended in Virginia.
    The Link

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

maybe he and rev wright should get together along with that harvard professor who got arrested in front of his house for verbally assaulting a police officer and they can all go to the whitehouse and have a beer with the president.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Now Now
    You forget islam is a religion of peace.

[​IMG]

which of the imans do we believe speak the truth?
    Do we think this iman is wrong? "In fact the only way a Muslim could Islamically justify serving as a soldier in the US army is if his intention is to follow the footsteps of men like Nidal."

4. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

just one man who was pushed too far by our military

[​IMG]

5. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

General, don't leave out the lunatic professor in Colorado.

6. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

7. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

The website is no longer functioning. Go figure. I am sure it is getting rightfully slammed with negative comments. That was obviously some pretty offensive stuff that was said in defense of Major Hasan's actions.

I submit more evidence of other statements from Islamic groups and muslim reaction:

The Link
    The Link
    The Link
    The Link
    The Link
    The Link
    The Link

8. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Yo, I'll never understand why you interrupt when they have a good circle going.

9. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

I thought it might go down.

10. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

11. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

12. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Same mosque where 2 of the 9/11 hijackers worshipped. Link

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

yo therein lies the problem
    "Uhh, isn't killing 12 people a betryal of Islam as the Qur'an states that killing a person unjustly
    is the same as killing all of humanity. "

This iman and too many others think killing infidels is justified.
    We can't ignore those who teach and preach killing infidels is a way to honor islam.

14. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

15. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

16. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

I think the insanity angle makes us all feel a little more sane ourselves, but I'm not sure it does justice to the reality that exists within Islam.

If we want to say it's about insanity, then that's a psychological issue. But it doesn't make sense to say that millions of people who share a certain faith tradition all happen to have the same medical condition. I don't think we can go so far as to say that these sorts of extremists represent a majority within Islam, but I also think it's misleading to suggest that it's merely a "kook fringe". Nidal Hassan's mentality represents a substantial segment of the Islamic world view.

I honestly don't know the right answer is at this point. History shows that those who are willing to use violence to achieve their objectives have an advantage over their more pacifistic adversaries.

WWSD?
    [​IMG]

17. CrazyFoo'

CrazyFoo' 250+ Posts

Islam does not value all human life. Non-believers (infidels) are fair game and can be killed without remorse if the goal is to promote Islam. When you here Muslims say that 9-11 was a tragedy because “even Muslims were killed” in the disaster, they mean that literally. There are versions of Islam that are more liberal (mostly in the US), but they are the minority.

Read a history book on Mohammed’s conquest and Islam’s deliberate exterminations and forced conversions if you’d like proof (I know Christianity has a similar history). The Quran (9:5) encourages all non-believers be killed. Again, some more liberal Muslims interpret the meaning differently, but the text reads clear. Islam is a peaceful religion – but not a pacifist religion. To Muslims living in the region, the west is a direct threat to Islam, so the killing of us is righteous.

18. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

WWSD? Burn Atlanta because weaker forces in front of him could not stop him. Our current PC culture has created a weakened state IMO, and we are more worried about "diversity" and "muslim backlash" than terrorist attacks even after learning of the doctor's ties to the mosque and the bizarre lecture. We better get our act together, or we're going to see more damage than Sherman ever did.

19. CrazyFoo'

CrazyFoo' 250+ Posts

Keep in mind there is the peaceful Meccan and the violent Medinan philosophy (the Medinan superseded the Meccan). Muslims can emphasize the philosophy they choose.

A couple key things to understand. In conservative Islam (note the little c - not big C), Allah does not allow Muslims to be friends with us (kafirs). We are not worthy of being played fair with - ethics need not apply non-muslims. Radical Muslims who see the things that Yo posts say they are simply exercising taqiyya.

From Wiki: The word "al-Taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing or disguising one's beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury." Reconciliatory Taqiyah. This type of Taqiyah is done when a person intends to reconcile with the other side or when he intends to soften their hearts. This kind of Taqiyah is permissible but not obligatory.

20. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

The reason why the insane/apostate cleaver makes so much sense and would be successful is because they would listen to their Imams and the ones not willing to use it could be watched more closely.

That is if the goal actually is to separate the bad people practicing Islam as apostates from the good people who want to practice their beliefs in peace.

Why not figure out a way to have the bad people practicing Islam as apostates identified? If they are just fanatics who are sane then it works too cause they will not want their own religion to shun them.

Another glorius thing is the actions of apostacy are freely able to be pointed out by Imams without condemning the people doing it.(that fact is something Imams won't do, they won't condemn other people claiming to be Muslims because that action is apostacy itself)

Let us non Muslims call them insane, ridicule them. Let the Imams seriously call their actions apostacy. Any clear thinking individual should see that word games are very important to a peaceable march to end or deeply cripple the insane/apostacy acting extremists.

21. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

Sherman would unleash "total war" upon the civilization of Islam (including the peaceful parts of it) until it stopped the war against America. If they persisted in the war (or in allowing a base for others to persist in the war), he would have annihilated their civilization.

That's harsh, I know. But I'm beginning to wonder what the Muslim plan is for us infidels and our grand kids, and whether it is any kinder to us than Sherman would be to them?

22. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

Yo, maybe this will clear things up for you. I know you have been listening alot to the geniuses in the media...but here are some quotes from the Koran about "just killings: "

23. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

here are some more....

24. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

and some more...

25. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

now what was that verse you were claiming about "unjust killings?" is it possible that "unjust" means something different to you than it did to Mohammed?

26. CrazyFoo'

CrazyFoo' 250+ Posts

Just to play for the fun of it:

27. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

Crazy...the difference is quite profound. Jesus came and ushered in an era of grace that remains to the end. we are no longer under the law that Jesus fulfilled (sloppy language on my part, but hopefully you understand what i am saying). Jesus said "turn the other cheek" instead of "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" he overturned many Mosaic laws in favor of a different perspective and called us to live under that.

28. CrazyFoo'

CrazyFoo' 250+ Posts

I understand, mop. Jesus philosophy is amazing, perfect, and based on love, but I did want to show how one can take things to make “Radical Christianity” too.

29. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

30. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

furthermore crazyfoo, the difference is that there is a clear dividing line between the times of justice and judgment (old testament) and the time of grace, mercy and love (new testament) with a future eschatological time of more justice and judgement coming. the dividing line is the old testament and the new testament. the koran has no line. everything that is in it is true for muslims for all times.....so there is not really any good comparison.