No FSN on Dish Network?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by 4theHorns, Oct 19, 2010.

1. 4theHorns

4theHorns < 25 Posts

Other than the obvious move of going to Direct TV, anybody tried anything or have any bright ideas ideas to get them to give me back F'n' FSN now that the Horns game is on it at least the next 2 weeks. I will be present at the games but I really enjoy watching the DVR recorded version later as well as it is the setup we are invested in to receive our games at our tail gate. This is really starting to P@&% ME OFF [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

I haven't had dish in a while, but when I did, I was able to get it a la carte. Back then it was like $5/month. That's the best I can offer you, good luck.

3. blym

blym 250+ Posts

I have Time Warner at the house so I will be able to DVR but we have Dish Network at the Tailgate so we will be forced to run a feed from an adjacent tailgate that uses Direct TV for those that will stay outside and watch at the tailgate.

4. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

Im in the same boat as you are man. I got Dish 3 weeks ago and then a week later they cut out all Fox(except 26, the main channel) but that will also be shut off in November. I hate Dish. Now they wont let me out of my contract for less than $600. They are in negotiations with fox but doesnt seem to be resolving soon.
    I think there is Texassports.tv that can show the game online, but i have never used it so im not sure.
    Good luck and let me know if you can figure out how to get out of the Dish contract.

5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

More accurately, Fox pulled it off Dish just the same as they did for CableVision/Brighthouse. I'm surprised to hear it hasn't happened with TW yet ...

6. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

Yes, Fox pulled it. Two greedy companies both saying they are looking out for us little guys.
    I complained to both Fox and Dish.

Dish just gave me three free months of HD Ultimate, Starz and Multi-sport package for free by complaining. I told them that still does not help me see the games I want.

The Link: Dish's propaganda

The Link: Fox's propaganda

THis is nothing more than two greedy companies who will pass this cost on while lining the pockets of their executives. Call or write and complain to both!

7. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

I posted this new info in another thread, as well:

POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS:
    In checking the guide, it appears the game will be carried on 419 (CSNBA-CSN Bay Area), 424 (CSNMA-CSN MidAtlantic), and 429 (CSN Chicago) if you have the multi-sports package. However, I live in Alabama now, and for some reason, the game shows blacked out on 429; not sure if that is the same for other regions.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it appears on one of these channels.

Dish's info states "Local FOX TV stations, FOX News/FOX Business News, and programming for FOX Sports Rocky Mountain, FOX Sports Pittsburgh and FOX Sports Northwest within the home markets are not impacted. " THerefore if you live in one of those markets you should still be ok.

WHAT CHANNEL IS THE GAME ON?:
    Dish customers can go to this link to search for channels of various sporting events:

The Link: Where's my game?

8. TexasAirForce

TexasAirForce 25+ Posts

Went to the site that was linked. Looks like here in the Houston area, the game will be on ALT Sports Channel 444.

9. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

10. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

Looks like it's blacked out on the other regional channels, as well. In other words, if you are in a region where Fox and Dish have in dispute, you are SOL with regards to getting the game - even with the multi-sports package. I reiterate my request to complain to both Fox and Dish - complain loudly and often!

11. mexahorn

mexahorn 25+ Posts

It took me a while but I finally figured out how to watch on line for free.

go here The Link and scroll down to game links and click on veetle ..it will prompt you to download veetle. it works!

12. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Channel 444 is working in the Sinton area! Get to you FSSW alternates quick!

13. bradford702

bradford702 100+ Posts

Maybe you should be thankful you couldn't watch the game.

14. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Fox is owned by that commie loving douche Rupert Murdock via his News Corp company. He has a very sweet deal with China to monopolize satelite tv there and in exchange for this gold mine his Fox News (fair and balanced as it is) doesn't say anything bad about one of the more oppressive governments in the world. Sweet.

He owns Direct tv and is using his leverage to destroy his opposition. So I guess he is not totally a commie.

This is the australian pos who applied for and immediately got american citizenship when the fcc made new rules limiting how many tv stations foreigners could own in the us. A real patriot. In the meantime, a few million mexicans who actually do useful work have to swim the river, crawl over fences or wait in line for ten years hoping they don't get their heads cut off in the interim if they want to become americans.

Money don't talk, it screams.

15. Das Mook

Das Mook 250+ Posts

FYI - I called last week to voice my displeasure, nothing happened.

Got on the chat feature for customer service and was given same old excuses.

Asked if I was still under contract - was told I was not. Was then sent to "Loyalty Department" and they offered $10 off a month for a full year. I asked for more and was given the "Free HD for life" option at $99 - then asked them to waive that and throw in some movies and they did.

Got $240 off my bill this year and $120 off the following years (if I stay with them) and some pay per view movies as well.

Good luck!

16. Das Mook

Das Mook 250+ Posts

If you have the Dish Network, get on the chat feature and start bitching. They will at least give you a $100 (or more if you aren't under contract) off of your annual bill.

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts