No Godzillatron

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by longtex, Mar 15, 2011.

1. longtex

longtex Guest

We only made it to one game in Austin last year, and besides losing to ******* Iowa State, the worst part was that atrocious ... thing ... in the end zone.

I'm not planning on coming to another one (maybe tailgate, but not into the stadium) until we take that horrendous piece of **** and stuff it up DeLoss Dodds' ***, sideways. I don't care how much money we make from it, it simply does not belong in a college stadium. I don't mind music, but I want it coming from the band, not 50 zillion watts of amplified garbage.

Any Godzillatron defenders out there?

2. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

3. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

I'm okay with audio if it means they are replaying one of those Walter Cronkite commercials

4. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

If there is such a thing as a stereotype or caricature of a video board for a stadium, Godzillitron is it.

5. BevoDan

BevoDan 100+ Posts

I hate the piped in music for kickoffs. Let LHB do their thing! [​IMG]

6. converse

converse 250+ Posts

I don't mind the Godzillatron. It is good for showing replays. I don't mind them doing the little "fan in the stands" things.

Not a fan of the piped in music, but could even take that if they would just get rid of "Howdy, Howdy, Howdy Horns Fans, it's gonna by a hot one in DKR blah blah blah".

Why that guy shows up to do his schtick for games at the Erwin Center is beyond me. "Hey dumbass, we are inside!"

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

AND YOU KIDS STAY OFF MY GRASS!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. longtex

longtex Guest

9. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

You damn hippies with your long hair, free love, and rock -n-roll music

10. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

What do you have against Taco Bell ear-splitting solicitations every 5 minutes? What are you, some kind of communist? Don't you support capitalism? You should be thinking of more ways to raise money for the program, like all fans would wear Taco Bell shirts to the opening game. We could have a stadium yell, one side Taco, the other side Bell.

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I don't eat Taco Bell but I see lots of folks around me wolfing it down in DKR [​IMG]

12. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

"The sheriff is near!"

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'll defend it. I hope your boycott succeeds, though.

14. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

i am fine with it, but Godzillatron does have a way of taking an irritating song and making it 1,000,000 times more irritating.

re: Bevo vid : "Get Yr. Game On"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

16. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

17. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Emperically speaking, "I Got My Game On" really does suck.

18. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

The only thing I don't like are the ad's. Make the whole damn thing a big replay screen and put the ads on the side of the thing.

It's WAY better than what was there before though.

19. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

I'm fine if they want to play ads before and after the game but wish we could hear the LHB during the games. I miss that. Heck I even miss the opposing bands. That seems to almost be a thing of the past.

20. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

Mesohorny,

That was brilliance if it was a Blazing Saddles ref. Except it should be "na new nerrif". Few would get it that way so you are excused.

21. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Kill the Godzillatron. Kill the Godzillatron. Kill the Godzillatron. K K K K Kill the God Zill A Tron!!!!!

22. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

More Band less piped in music

23. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

Agreed on more LHB, ads are ok but below 1x10^6 decibels would be nice, and nice ref meso as I spewed an adult beverage all over the keyboard. [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

25. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It's not Godzillatron that is the problem. It's the operator or whoever is in charge of putting stuff on it. It's like blaming the car for a drunk drivers accident.

There is so much stuff that would be better than what they do. Also for us season ticket holders, can ythey atleast come up with some new material for each game and make some changes each year? We see the same stuff 6 or 7 times a season and it gets really old. We pretty much know what's coming up next on the tron.

26. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

27. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts