No mention of this Texas championship?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by accuratehorn, Jul 10, 2013.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

The Link

Did you know the tower was lit orange on April 16 for this world championship team? The sport is profiled in this month's Alcalde Magazine. How much are season tickets? Where are the tailgates held?

2. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Muggles.

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Broomsticks between the legs? Maybe this is why they want it on the down-low.

5. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

They beat the Aggies on the way to the championship. I suspect the Aggies were confused on where to put their broomsticks.

6. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

In all fairness it was probably on LHN and nobody saw it.

So here you go for all that missed all the action or whatever you call what went on.

The Link

For those about to "Quidditch" we salute you or or give you some other hand sign.

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Man, that was weird!
    A mixture of dodge ball, pin the tail on the donkey, soccer, and Wizard of Oz.

Didn't see Deloss out there though.

8. Bill in Sinton

Strange how our world championship team isn't mentioned at all on the UT Sports web site.

9. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Shouldn't a sport of this magnitude have its own board on HornFans? It shouldn't be relegated to "Other Sports."
    This championship wasn't just a national championship, it was a world championship, of earth and maybe a few other worlds as well.

10. Bill in Sinton

I will try to summarize the team's quest for this great championship. I haven't been able to find all the information but I will give what I have. Some may be wrong and some left off. Please feel free to make corrections or additions to this thread so we can have more complete information.
    I think we played 30 games and won most of them and qualified for a Regional Tournament (I think teams have to play at least 20 regular season games ) and the IQA (International Quidditch Association) invites the top 60 Div 1 teams from 9 Regional Areas in the U.S. and the rest of the world. Note a regional can have more than one team advance.
    The teams meant in Kissimmee, Florida to decide the World Cup Champion on April 13-14, 2013. In preliminary round we first beat the University of Richmond 130-50. Then next we beat Ohio State130*-0 and I think the * means the team that scored by getting the snitch. Third we beat Tufts (I think out of Boston) but I don't have a final score and then last game was with Mississippi State but I don't have a final score on that one and if you find it please post it or any other scores or games I missed.
    I think after that we advanced to brackets play against one or two teams and I am sure we won but I don't know who we played or the final scores.
    After that it was to sweet 16 where we beat LSU but I don't know the score.
    Then to the Quarter Finals where we beat Texas A&M 200*-40.
    We then met the Cinderella of the Tournament in Bowling Green who pulled two big upsets over Maryland and Bowling Green. Miami was highly ranked and had the home field advantage. But we ended their run in the semi-finals with a 140-50* win.as Bowling Green ended the game with what is called a suicide snitch which is ironic since they won against Miami and Maryland by a snitch.
    Then of course the finals where we beat UCLA 190*-80.

Whew! 8 to 10 games in 2 days. True the games were about 30 minutes long but that is a lot of playing over 2 days.

Please make corrections or additions or other information you have on this great run. I am hoping some team members can help out too if they wish. I feel that I don't have complete information but that is still better than none at all. Hopefully the missing information and corrections will come.

A great season. Well done Horns! We are proud of you.

11. Bill in Sinton

I agree with everything you posted accuratehorn. I hope some one will write a book this team's great season.

12. Bill in Sinton

I like this game.

13. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

oh quid it(ch), yer killin' me.

14. Bill in Sinton

I hope the new schedule is put out soon somewhere. This game is popular among the college and is here to stay.

15. Bill in Sinton

I still haven't found any more information or the schedule for this coming year. I hope it will be made available soon. Don't you?

[​IMG]