Norm takes Bama and points

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RecklessKelli, Dec 31, 2009.

1. RecklessKelli

RecklessKelli 250+ Posts

On Picks of the Poll this morning (Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket) Norm took the Tide and the points. Says Alabama a better all-around football team, more consistent, and looks like a national champion. Also says he has problems with Texas' ability to run the ball.

2. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

So he's getting Alabama +5 or what?

3. 7out

7out 100+ Posts

Screw Norm.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

You mean he lays the points and takes Bama.

5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

OMG WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. RecklessKelli

RecklessKelli 250+ Posts

Right...yeah, that's what I meant. To put it most bluntly...

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

THANK YOU NORMAN.

That means the Horns win. If you have ever paid for 1 of his horse racing tip sheets you know he SUCKS at picking anything. [​IMG]

8. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Based on his picks at Lonestar Park, Norm SUCKS.

9. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

10. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

No big shocker there. And it's a valid criticism. But people keep getting into this mindset that if unless it's a conventional run - i.e. QB hands to RB - it doesn't "count." Already heard one guy saying that you had to take out Colt's runs... not sure why that is. Also not sure why completing a five-yard pass is somehow worse than running for five yards.

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Colt will take care of the running in this game. Alabama will have to decide if they want to die by Colt's arm or feet. (And unlike Alabama's QB, Colt will win either way.)

12. Esmack

Esmack 250+ Posts

Norm took SC too.

Keep hating on Texas...

13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

The point spread is set so that roughly half of the betters will bet each side. So, I'm not sure why picking one side or the other of the point spread means Norm (or any other commentator) is "hating" on Texas.

14. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I thought the line was 3 1/2?
    Take Texas and the points, this is gonna be a 12-10 game with Texas winning at the end.

15. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

16. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

17. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

so, what does he know.....everyone can have an opinion......he is basically clueless and offers nothing!~!!

18. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

19. panhandle2

panhandle2 25+ Posts

Norm fancies himself the number one handicapper in the Plex. He is not right anymore often than Holtz.

20. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

Norm spelled backwards is like zero away from M0RON!

21. 90 Grad

90 Grad 500+ Posts

When did bama discover a passing game?

22. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I got XM radio 2 years ago. Thank God I don't have to listen to the *** clowns on the ticket any more!

23. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

You can go to Norm's website and see he is 74-108 on the year in capping NCAA football. I like our chances.