north endzone chair back seats

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by pantherhorn, Feb 17, 2008.

1. pantherhorn

pantherhorn 25+ Posts

i have seen several ads in the DMN about seat sales. i wonder if interest of $1500.00 a year in seat liscensing is holding back sales? i thought the seats were already sold out.

2. Good Old Days

Good Old Days 25+ Posts

The 2000 club seats are sold out. A month ago there were about 400 of the 2,000 chair backs left.

3. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

chairbacks are $750 per seat donation. nez club seats are $2,000.

4. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Where are the chair backs? Lower level NEZ? What rows? In front of the club seats?

5. mishatx

mishatx 1,000+ Posts

6. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

7. Texan

Texan 25+ Posts

So pretty much the biggest ripoff of all time.

Awesome.

Everyone here in Dallas is bitching about Jerry's seat licenses which last 30 years. Well, for 30 years this would cost you a minimum donation of $22,500 for a seat "license" in the f'n endzone and only 6 games a year.

Absurd.

8. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

It's absurd if the seats are empty. Last time I heard we had a free market economy. If most can't afford it, the seats will be empty and prices will drop. I wouldn't hold my breath though [​IMG]. By the way, this year's season tickets are $385 for seven home games

9. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Texastaps, that image of the NEZ, that is only the lower deck, correct? That does not show the NEZ upper deck.

10. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

11. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

If you are in for the tax deduction purpose then I would say there are better charities you can spend your money on. Now if you can afford it then tax deduction part makes sense.

12. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Texastaps, is the NEZ upper deck illustrated anywhere? I am looking to move from yardline seats on the east side lower deck to the NEZ upper deck.

I talked to the LF and it sounds like the 1st 5 rows or so of the NEZ upper deck will be chair backs like the east side upper deck. But getting those spots are going to be based on where you were in the NEZ previously (based on what I'm hearing).

13. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

I am/was at the goal line in section 31. I am moving to the chair backs because I am really tired of the crappy view from my current seats. I would much rather watch the game straight on and see the play coming at me than standing at a freaking 45 degree angle and not being able to see anything all game.

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So to get those season tickets you have to basically pay for the same seat 3 times?

15. Crusher X

Crusher X 250+ Posts

I've added two NEZ chairbacks to go along with my 4 in section 8, row 16. My wife and I will sit in the NEZ. I usually put up my 4 in section 8 for sale.

I'm looking forward to the view from the NEZ. Sure it's not a 50 yard line view, but I'll see the whole field and the Godzillatron is smack dab in front of me. Plus, the added comfort of a chair back. I think it's worth it.

16. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

17. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Has anyone heard what the concession 'stipend' for the club seats is going to be? I was told by someone a few months ago that he was under the impression they were going to charge an additional $100.00 per seat, per game for food and drink...this would be mandatory for club seat holders.

[​IMG]

18. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

19. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

the stipend does not include alcohol

20. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

21. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

22. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Amazing. And the best part is these seats are already sold out.

A buddy of mine has 50 yard line seats in the east side club section. Did they add this surcharge to the east side club as well or just NEZ club? I sat with him before I had season tickets for 1 year and I don't think I spent $100 on food + alcohol there the entire season, yet alone $100 per game.

23. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

24. utgrad06

utgrad06 25+ Posts

May I ask those of you who are moving to the North End Zone seats where you are moving from? I'm currently in the west side upper deck, section 101 on the very end, and I'm hoping that current ticket holders with better seats moving to the NEZ, combined with upping my donation a little, will result in my being able to move to more central west side upper deck (I actually like the west side upper deck, just not my location in it). Anybody think this is a reasonable hope or should I resign myself to bad seats until the we have a few down seasons again?

25. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

I'm moving to the NEZ from section 101. Totally understand your desire to upgrade from that area.

26. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

For those of you moving to the NEZ, are you moving to the lower deck or upper deck?

27. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

28. Crusher X

Crusher X 250+ Posts

29. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

crusher, the chair backs for the $750 per seat are all lower deck. If you put in for those, you are going to be lower level in front of the club seats.

How many rows is the NEZ lower deck going to be? The east side lower deck is like 60+ rows. My guess is that they are going to make it symmetrical to the east side but I don't know. On the east side the east side club chair backs start around row 55 and go up from there to the end. My guess is that will be similar to the NEZ but then an additional maybe 10-20 rows in front of the NEZ club will be the $750 per seat NEZ chair backs.

I have no idea what is going on in the NEZ upper deck. That is where I am trying to go. I don't think that the LF knows too much yet either as everything is still under construction.

30. utgrad06

utgrad06 25+ Posts

FIED,

Yes I was thinking they were moving to the club seats and chair backs. I think most of the people buying these seats are probably existing foundation members, and I doubt many of them are from the lower decks on the east or west side because most of those seats are better than the club/chair back seats. So that leaves upper decks on east and west side to be giving up their existing seats. This could be entirely wishful thinking on my part, but I think it's rational nonetheless.