north endzone chair back seats

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by pantherhorn, Feb 17, 2008.

1. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

utgrad, my guess is that it is getting filled mostly from people who are new donors or those who have crappy west side upper deck tickets. Just my guess. Not sure if that improves your chances much. But just a guess.

2. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

I dont currently have seats, so I see this as my best opportunity to get seats and am happy to pay the price of admission not to be crammed in like sardines.

3. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

4. LongLiveBevo

LongLiveBevo 250+ Posts

I started getting season tickets 2 years ago. First year we were in the south end zone. Last year we bought singles in section 104 (west upper). I HATED those seats. You don't feel like you're a part of the action at all. Cricket bombardments at night games. View of whole field but I wouldn't say good view. Not to mention not sitting together.

This year we're moving to the chairbacks in NEZ. We would be donating that much anyway so might as well be comfortable.

Speaking of which, what does "chairback" mean? Are they individual seats like at Cowboys and Rangers games or are they benches with a back rail?

5. Crusher X

Crusher X 250+ Posts

6. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

It is not a bleacher. You have a fold down chair. You won't have a railing for you (although I bet there will be railing on the border between the chair back section and the bleacher section).

7. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

It will be the same burnt orange plastic folddown chairs used in the east side club seats now.

I think that for $750 donation per seat, this is not a bad deal at all. I was donating $625 a seat (for two) for west side uppers in Sec. 101, with no real view of godzillatron and the terrible concessions up there. Seriously, I think everygame that they ran out of something, including water at the miserable North Texas game.

The vantage point for the new seats will be pretty damn good. I sat in Section 12 for a game last year and the view was good (although the bleachers were crammed). With the new chairbacks, you will be about 20 rows higher than I was to give you even better depth perception, but not as high as West UD so you lose feel for the game. The chairback will be nice because ******** can no longer crowd my seat.

If you are interested, I think LHF can give now you a tour from where the seats will be. I think you have to wear a hard hat.

8. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

ok im confused now on the priceing. Does any one know how much the minimum LF donation would be to get seats anywhere in the stadium?

9. DesertBigHorn

DesertBigHorn < 25 Posts

10. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

yes but are there any seats availble for as little as $

11. Good Old Days

Good Old Days 25+ Posts

This is the year to try on the $150 level. There will be a decent chance for upper level NEZ and some seats will be opening up in the Upper levels of both east and west as some of those patrons move to club and chairback. If Texas follows through on the south end zone temporary, you'll get seats.

12. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

$150 will at least get you SEZ seats.

13. Kricketbo

Kricketbo 25+ Posts

Don't want to sound stupid, but if we want more than one seat, is your donation for EACH seat you purchase? Or, is the donation just a donation regardless of how many season tix you purchase?

14. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

The $150 allows you to purchase up to 4 season tickets.