Not for Resale

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by JustWin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

FWIW: I called and asked about the resale stuff. I pay full price for my season tix and was told it does not apply.

3. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

So my friend and I received tickets today. And we see that the 'Grandfathered' tickets DO have printed on them "THIS TICKET IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RESALE".

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

So they going to ask for ID at gate now? That should make lines really fast. And/or do tickets, like the club passes, have names on them? Oh brother.

5. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

That would suck, I can understand asking for id with the club passes but tickets. That would be extreme overkill

6. JesterSurvivor

JesterSurvivor 25+ Posts

Swapped e-mails with the Texas Exes. Texas Exes say that they will allow Not For Resale tickets to be exchanged through their gameday ticket resale program. In that program, the seller gets money received in a resale up to face value and the Texas Exes scholarship program gets any excess.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

Life member, but I have never bought (or sold) tickets through the Ex-Students. I thought their deal was that they sold your tickets at face value...

8. RoyalBrown

RoyalBrown 25+ Posts

How long will Patterson be @ut ??

9. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

So a "Resale" is indeed allowed on a ticket that is stamped 'NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RESALE'? Sounds like the can of worms just got opened. And is it the "face value" now printed on the ticket? Or the face value of a ticket that you could purchase at the Belmont Ticket Windows? While I am sure I know the answer, am I the only one who thinks that for all practical purposes this "policy" has now become null? Would love to see that argued in front of a judge. Just for grins if nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

TexasExes do sell for face value plus a small service charge. $ or $ a tic?

Yella makes a good point. Just like stevieP backed away from No re entry he has backed away from this.
    BUT does this mean one will be forced through a chute to the AC to buy tickets at the Exes resale table?

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

yelladawg,

You may get your wish. You have bought extras from me before. In 44 years, I have never sold my extras above face value, and generally have been offered less than $20 for many of the games. My daughter may not be able to attend any games this year as she has surgeries scheduled for Sept 14 & 28.

There is no way of me knowing what you did with tickets you bought from me prior to game time when your guests show. Dallas Morning News will love a couple of stories about Patterson screwing over long time supporters who are now cancer patients. Remember, both of my children are attorneys, and both go are litigators, not transactional.

His days are numbered. After the Luck fiasco, I told Powers his *** would be fired by Jan 1. Cigueroa let him linger til June. My former friend's legacy in Austin will be the destruction of men's athletics. Damn I hate being on the same side of anything with Wallace Hall.

• Like Like x 1
  12. yelladawgdem

Sabre- I did indeed buy tickets from you that was a surprise anniversary gift for a buddy's wife! Between the great seats and the wonderful hospitality your provided them, they think you hung the moon! And I charged them what I paid you for the seats, which was face value. I am so so terribly sorry to hear about your daughter. My prayers and a St. Jude candle will be in force before the afternoon is out. Didn't she go to UVA? Not sure why that sticks in my mind. All best wishes for your daughter's recovery. Hook Em!

Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, Dawg,

Indeed she went to UVA undergrad, then back to Texas for law school. She has been in those seats to almost every home game since she was 2. Never missed an OU game in her four years in Charlottesville.

Sincerely appreciate your kind words and prayers. MD Anderson told her that of the hundreds of thousands of patients they have seen, she is truly a one of a kind. They actually told her that she was worth tens of millions of dollars in research money to them. She's being treated at Methodist. We have gone from little hope to the doctors assuring us t hat she will be a survivor.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JesterSurvivor

JesterSurvivor 25+ Posts

SabreHorn,

I hope your daughter's treatment is short and effective. She is in great hands at MD Anderson.

I'm not a litigator. I'm a deal lawyer. I can assure you that if my tickets end up in someone else's hands, the fact pattern and paper trail that will be created would give your litigator kids a dream set of facts. Next year, I may purchase them through JesterSurvivor LLC and then distribute them as dividends to anyone that buys membership interests. Of course each game would have to have its own Series of membership interests, but that is easy, and would not be structured as a sale of tickets for money.

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Jester,

Thank you. Must say I am a huge Steve Dallas fan and would like to know where you got that? Loved Bloom County but Steve and Mrs Whacker were my favorites along with Opus.

She's not being treated at MD Anderson, she's at Methodist, although MDA continues to call her. Thanks again.

16. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I had classes with Berke Breathed at UT. Also had classes and even did a project with the original Kitzie, from Berke's first comic strip "The Academia Waltz."

It was in the Daily Texan every day and by far the most popular strip. I used to kid Kitzie about her being in the strip. She never told anybody it was her, but it was easy to see it was. Berke didn't even change her name and the character looked just like her. She finally admitted to me it was.

I'll never forget when Berke referred to her in the strip, as the girl with the "boundless buns." I never let her forget about that. She was a riot to be around.

I'm sure you can get any of those pictures for avatars from old copies of the Daily Texan.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yelladawgdem

St. Jude and I are working on it for you! Makes the ticket situation seem sort of silly. Huh?

18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

@SabreHorn — heartfelt best wishes to your daughter and all of your family.

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dawg & Dion,

My sincere appreciation. She wants to try to make a few games, and says she has two weeks of healing to get to OU. :) She hasn't missed OU in a long time, including when she was at UVA. We have a lot more hope now than we did six months ago.

• Like Like x 2
  20. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Certainly want to echo the sentiments of Dawg and Dion. A win over OU would go a long way to help heal all Longhorn supporters.

I hope the Horns get that for your daughter and all of Longhorn nation. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Prayers and best wishes to you and daughter Sabre - cancer is such a **** as has been said on this board a few times. It does sound like she is getting the best care, and certainly lots of love!

22. yelladawgdem

As I recall she made poor Terry Holland shake in his boots at UVA, kicking CA in the *** will be a task she is up for.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

SabreHorn,
    I'll add my prayers and best wishes for your family.

It sounds like resale for face value is acceptable, even though policy wording does not sa so.

We are "encouraged" to "share our tickets with charitable organizations" including active military personnel, veterans, Neighborhood Longhorns Program and other members of our community.

I wish I could have gotten face for all of the tickets I ate or gave away the past few seasons.
    I think I'll hunt for the Fort Hood USO contact to share any unused tickets this year. Support our military.

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

NB, Nash, Just,

Many thanks for your prayers and support. FWIW, she is the first female born in my family in 61 years. I had no idea how wonderful it is to be the father of a girl. I am grateful for her older brother and her, and blessed that each of them call me every day to check on "Daddy" , even though I live 3 miles from one and five miles from the other.

• Like Like x 2
  25. JesterSurvivor

JesterSurvivor 25+ Posts

SabreHorn,

I used an old Jedi trick to get the Steve Dallas picture that you see to the left. I entered "Steve Dallas Bloom County" as a search in Google Images. My initial search using "Steve Dallas Longhorn" proved unsatisfactory in ways that will be obvious to you if you use that search term.

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So even though it's technically not allowed, they are saying "we'll let you go ahead and do it, don't worry", which lets them enforce the rule out of nowhere at any time without warning, since the "you are allowed" part is unofficial and the "you are forbidden" part is official.

Bad move, UT. Not the first time they've had an unofficial / official conflict like this before that would occasionally be enforced out of nowhere and screw people over. It used to happen with student guest tickets too - maybe still does, I don't really know since I haven't used them in a while.

27. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

It's just another of Patterson's banning policies with an allowed clause. But it's only allowed if you do it his way by using the avenue he selects and benefits his bottom line.

28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Brad,

It is Patterson being Patterson with his usual class, integrity, and style. He is already losing season ticket holders, but he wants to rid himself of those original donors who paid for the West side upper deck.

Have you gotten your invitation to give "just a little bit more" to achieve the "next level"? You too can donate four figures more, and Stevie will send you a quality 100% plastic glass, which you can buy at WalMart for $3.99; OR for just a little bit more, he will send you a genuine simulated leather binder.

His new loyalty program cheated many of us out of 15 years of donations. Big deal? Not really. I want my tickets, and that's all I want out of Belmont other than a change of occupants. He wants us gone, and I'm no big deal; however, a lot of those folks he wants to force out have given plenty of cash to The University over the years.

My son sent them a check telling them it could only be used for the fund to buyout Steve Patterson's contract. We're waiting to see Fenves' reply.

FWIW, I called his office for clarification on to whom I was allowed to sell my tickets. No one seems to know but him, and he ain't talking.

• Like Like x 3
  29. JesterSurvivor

JesterSurvivor 25+ Posts

I spoke to my ticket rep yesterday. The new policy is not my poor rep's fault, so I did not unload on him/her. But I did ask some questions.

I specifically asked about reselling my tickets through the Texas Exes program. I was told that doing so was ok.

I then did my best imitation of "I'm just a country lawyer," and said something like, "My brother in law is sure going to be disappointed that I can't give him the tickets to games I can't attend."

Rep said, " We are not going to stop people from giving tickets away."

I followed up with, "Well, I always tell him if he can't use the tickets to just find a good home for them. If he gets better seats, he usually just sells my tickets outside Scholz's to any fan dressed in burnt orange. How are you going to tell who received "No Resale" tickets as gifts and who bought them outside of Scholz's? Are y'all going to be checking ID's?"

Rep said "It's just the resale markets we are looking at: StubHub and TicketCity. If you don't resell there, we have no way to track it. If you list them on Craigslist, we won't know."

So there you have it . . .

30. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So that's policy, but not rule. So they still could check Craigslist at some point and then deny people entry - heck, even if you put it up on Craigslist (or StubHub or TicketCity for that matter), didn't find a buyer, and kept them to use for yourself, it still might be flagged as illegally resold and you could get banned from the game while using your own season tickets.