Not Sure I Want This Group of Players to Sing the Eyes.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Monahorns, Oct 3, 2020.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Oh good, this is on West Mall, so...

Nope, I wanted his *** fired after the statement he made about the fans and when he lost control of the locker room. I don't give a crap if they lose every game this year. The quicker he's gone the better. So, not sure who the fire him after one loss crowd is, but it sure as hell doesn't include me.

• Like Like x 3
  2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I know how to enjoy plays by good athletes and sudden reversals of fortune and teams struggling to overcome bad calls. I know how to enjoy a devoted team from a smallish school with limited fan base and less than great facilities (comparatively) fighting to stay in the game against a big team. I know how to enjoy two good qbs. I don’t expect perfection and sloppy play can have its own rewards. I’ve seen some great tussles between AA high school teams

I enjoy the game of football

sorry about your limited capacity for enjoyment

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Likewise sorry about your low standards for Texas football
    This is a Texas Longhorns fan site if you haven't noticed but glad you enjoyed the sporting event

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

He's right, it was an exciting game. Not the most tightly played or executed, and no one is going to confuse it with Texas - USC in for the Title.

But as someone who, due to the actions of the players and coaches, really doesn't care if Texas wins or loses this year, it was an enjoyable game. Same way OU / ISU was a good game to watch.

As I said elsewhere, due to limited practice time this year, and lots of players having their head up their ***, I don't think there's either going to be a high level of play this year in the B12, or a consistent level. Good one week, bad the next. It makes for a wild season. Just enjoy it the same way you would a HS game, or minor league pro ball.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Huisache loved the 1988 win against North Texas and the barn burner vs Rice in 1994. Mediocre isn’t Texas.

But I would rather have the 1988 team than this one.

6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I wonder how much of the $$$$ UT announced they would lose this year due to covid was actually attributable to this^^^^^^^

7. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

actually, mediocre has been Texas for long spurts. I don't quit enjoying football just because my alma mater is only winning 8 or 9 games a year. I would have got a better education at Rice but the quality of the teams would not be as good. They have real students on their team as opposed to a bunch of self obsessed social justice warrior NFL wannabes.

8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

As a graduate of both institutions, I agree on the football part, but disagree on the education statement. My degree and experience at Texas has contributed much more to my success than Rice.:hookem:

9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You certainly write in a more coherent and grammatically correct fashion as well.

10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

You address your success. I spoke of education. One does not automatically follow the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I actually disagree with that statement. At UT, it was survival of the fittest. I was not as smart as most, so Texas taught me to work my *** off. That is the best education of all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2