Notre Dame single game tix on sale

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by PecosBill, Jun 23, 2016.

1. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

The LHF is putting the remainder of the unsold ND Sept 4 single game tix on sale next week.

Not sure about pricing yet.

Kickstarter Season tix $199 for 6 home games probably the best deal.

Curious to see how the tix are priced.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Is the reality of tickets being available for a Texas / Notre Dame home game part of the culture change?

3. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

In the past the extra tix would be sold in bulk at a discount to be able to have high season tix numbers and sellouts of lower profile games. Tix brokers were very happy.

Now the extra tix are being marketed to LHF, season tix holders, T assoc, students, faculty/staff before the general public.

The number of tix sold depends on the expectations of the buyers and wins on the field.

Stubhub selling ND $215 to $1000 now

4. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Not a culture change at all........just a different way to make more money. They are trying to smother the secondary/third market that walks around the stadium before the game and funnel everything thru Stub Hub.

Most people like to buy their tickets before they get to the stadium and have tickets in hand instead of scrambling around trying to find a good deal outside the stadium.

Plus, Texas has an agreement with Stub Hub to big brother season ticket holders.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

I got my date and time for purchase of these tickets... I got a max of 4... Can these be resold? or do they fall under the new screwy policy or reselling on stubhub?

6. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Got my email earlier with date and time. If I find good seats I'll buy a few more.

Did anybody else hear the rumor that ND fans bought up a few thousand season tickets in upper end zone for the 199 price? If true I can't really blame them beats getting robbed on stubhub and eBay and any other of those sites

7. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Major,
    I may not have been clear in my post. The Admin is trying to sell remaining tickets directly to the end user rather than pushing thru tix brokers like Stubhub, Ticket City et al.

They have added staff to market directly to the end user who just might get on the band wagon and become a season ticket holder in the future.

The tix I mentioned on Stubhub at $215 to $1000 are not unsold tix but resales by brokers.

You can buy a season tix thru Stubhub today but you will pay less buying direct.

Restrictions on private sales are directed at the broker market not the individual.

If you are a LHF member you will be able to buy ND tix next week cheaper than anything currently available thru brokers.

The $199 Kickstarter tix for 6 homes games were a bargain. The single ND tix will be for one game.

I hope they sell out to fans not middlemen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Pecos, I agree/......

I was referring to Ivan's post that tickets are still available for this game as a culture change.....

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Major,

Am I to understand that this administration (there's no accounting for Powers & Patterson's lack of intelligence) would rather have empty seats than lose a few dollars with the tickets going to TicketCity, et al?

It is ok to ***** out to StubHub, but not to a local company that has been loyal to our program and fans. WOW! That speaks volumes to the respect and commitment to loyal supporters. Unfortunately, it does not surprise me.

10. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

When Arkansas Basketball owned Reunion Areana in the early 90's, I had some Arkie friends who would buy 10 Rice Season tickets to be able to buy SWC Tournament tickets at face value. They would give the Season Tickets to the Boys and Girls Club of Harris County and sit lower level, top of the key in seats that were selling for $300 at the tournament. They got great seats and a bunch of kids got to go see the Hooters play.

11. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Rodger-

It does alarm me sometimes that so many people on this board fail to have the same grasp on the obvious as you do, and I like to think I do occasionally.

D.

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would love to see a copy of the agreement with StubHub contract, but that would just make me want to audit StubHub's books to see if we have a new winner of the Donnie Duncan Trophy

13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yes it does...