NSD - The list of New Longhorns

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by jayakris, Feb 4, 2015.

1. idahohorn

idahohorn 250+ Posts

Mack to aggy, tough loss. But what a great class this is!

2. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

Mack to A&M per ESPN crawl

3. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

D Mack to A&M per ESPNU

4. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

... and Daylon Mack just announced that he will admire sheep from now on.

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We got everything we need and more

7. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

And admire the burnt orange powerhouse defense his buddy Malik dominates with from afar. Hate to lose this kid, but if you choose that wasteland over Strong, Austin, and a stellar defensive rookie class like this, you deserve one another. No hard feelings, CS rocked the house with this stellar haul. We are headed back to the top, Fellas. [​IMG]

8. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Done and done.

What a fun recruiting season after years of blah.

A huuuuge congrats to Charlie and staff, and a big welcome to the new Horns!!

#letsride

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Do we have a scholly left for Merrick? Doesn't he still need a letter even if he grey shirts? I don't know how this grey shirt thing works.

10. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke 100+ Posts

OK OK........Enough of this.....Can someone please start a countdown for the spring game.

Oh, and by the way......F**K Notre Dame. [​IMG]

11. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

There are still a few spots available in the 2015 class so there is room for Merrick if Charlie and Merrick agree he should join the team before January 2016. Merrick has said that he is OK with the grayshirt approach. Seems to me that if a spot is available, Merrick should use it leaving more flexibility for the next class regarding needing early enrollees in Spring 2016 to fill the remaining 2015 limit of 25 scholarships. If I understand correctly, only early enrollees can be counted against the previous class annual limit of 25.

Not sure if that makes sense. My brain is fried from the signing frenzy. Think I will go have a celebratory beverage.

12. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

If there are no ships left he will count against next year's class and get a ship then.

13. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

14. Arbfarkle

Arbfarkle 250+ Posts

I think that Murray made the right choice, for the family ties etc.
    Mack hurt me, I still had hopes.

15. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

^^^ Thanks Jay.

16. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

^^^ Thanks Hornswoggler.

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

This is a solid class of competitive guys. I am looking forward to the fall and first home game to see them play! Great work by the coaches!

Thank you jay for keeping us informed with the LOIs!! Great work!! [​IMG]

18. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

[​IMG]

Great class and don't forget the press conference at 2 pm on LHN.

19. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Is that Wick jumping up and down in the back? Hilarious.

20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

21. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Wick is always the sore thumb in those gifs...which makes it even more hilarious. [​IMG]

22. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

That's an old gif but it makes me laugh every time.

23. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Monster class.

Congratulations to all the new recruits and my 10 gallon hat is off to Coach Strong and his incredible staff. What an outstanding job of recruiting.

This program & this team is going to get a tremendous infusion of attitude, passion, energy and great desire to go to war to win games.

Hook 'Em! [​IMG]

24. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

As of 1PM we beat out Ags in ESPN and 247 recruiting rankings. Lost by a slot in Rivals. Looks like Strong took back both the state and Big 12 conference recruiting title in his first full recruiting season. Simply a remarkable feat considering he's been here just over a year. Not to mention we're coming off a dismal 7-loss season. Pure excellence. Congratulations Coach Strong, the entire Horns staff, and new recruits. Let's Ride! [​IMG]

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I second or fifth or twelfth (is that a word?) the kudos to Charlie and the staff.

In arguing over the past few months with Aggies on the Dallas Morning News website I found the only rational response to my ridicule was that A&M's recruiting classes in the past couple of years merited their ego problems. The main thing I asked was how is it that they are so sure of themselves with a four loss season (with the greatest Aggie ever) followed by a five loss seaon. Recruiting was the general consensus response. The bleeding edge stuff. Well, I think we can scratch that.

26. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

As is always the case.....it's a great day to be a Longhorn. (and it ain't a bad day to be Will Muschamp, cleaning up at the Gator's expense).

27. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

While we are rejoicing our toppling of the Ags, let's not forget a parting shot to another recent in-state recruiting adversary...Art Briles and the Bad News Bears. Your 15 minutes of fame have just been ended by Strong and company as well. Back to outside the top-30 in recruiting where you belong. See you on the way up asshat as you slide back down with that miserable scowl fixed on your face. You and Ag shoulda took advantage when you had the chance. The real champ is back in town now and we just laid claim to our crown. [​IMG]

28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

29. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain, I ventured over to texags today. Someone called SAAggie2006 had this to say about the comparison between the Horns' and aggy's recruiting classes:

"Our two-year run is over."

30. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts