Number 9, Number 9...years of sobriety, that is!

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by BHud, Dec 7, 2015.

1. BHud

BHud 250+ Posts

Greetings! Hook em, Happy Hanukkah, and Merry Christmas.

For those that don't know me...this is a bit of an annual post, so forgive the intrusion.

On December 6, 2006 I stumbled onto this side of Hornfans. I was a few hours sober. Broken. Addicted. Generally, a complete shell of an existence. I asked for advice, and I received it. Along with compassion. Love. And people that, for the first time in many years, seemed to actually care. I can not begin to thank Hornfans, or emphasize how critical it was to me, that I found a glimmer of hope.

I took that glimmer, and found a meeting....and then another, and then, a whole many others. I tried AA, NA, Celebrate Recovery, Overcomers...pretty much anything that kept me sober and sane-ish. And, eventually I worked the steps. Really found God. And then, found my wife again...my kids...my life.

Since that day here, I have been sober for 9 years. I have adopted a child. Became a licensed pastor. Worked with countless others. Even established Sober by Grace Ministries, a sober living community where we work with alcoholics, addicts, homeless, victims of sex trafficking, and more. Is my life perfect? No. But it's pretty dang good. I pray that if you or a loved one is hurting...this speaks to your soul. There IS a chance. We DO recover. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. I'm recovered today, and it is my joy to be of service for my fellow man..or woman. (And, if I managed to stay sober thru THAT football season, I think I'm on pretty sturdy foundation!)

Whenever I speak to a newcomer, I remember that day here in 2006: I model that behavior, and I pour it out as an offering to others. Hats off to the members here. Your gift to me has been paid forward countless times. A sincere heartfelt, thank you.

God bless you all,

Bryce Hudnall
    Sober by Grace Ministries
    bryce@soberbygrace.org
    www.soberbygrace.org

• Like Like x 4
  2. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Congratulations Bryce, what a great achievement to celebrate. Thanks for the update.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Congratulations!! That's great!