NY-23 may not be done

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Wild Bill, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Hoffman may have conceded too soon. Absentee and military ballots will need to be counted.

2. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

My mistake. Thanks JohnnyM. I am a dufus. I meant swore him in as a Congrssman. You know we conservatives are a bunch of idoits. [​IMG]

4. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

this could end up being a good civics lessen for us all, especially if this turns Hoffman's way

5. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

I agree... How do you swear anyone into the office before their election has been certified? I don't understand that.
    I saw it called and just pretty much assumed it was certified when I saw him vote Sat. Just wow.

6. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Hoffman is an idiot. He may have been rightfully elected, but the guys suit is emptier then Obama's.

7. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

8. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

9. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

I doubt the absentees will get it done for Hoffman.

I didn't realize though, that he conceded with as much vote out as there apparently was. Puzzling.

10. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

11. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Interesting take, Yo. I guess anything is possible, but I don't really believe he wanted to lose. I think it was poor judgement on his part and on his campaign manager. In the end, it may not matter if he doesn't get the votes. However, like someone noted above, this is a good lesson in civics.

12. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

so if they recount and Hoffman won do they immediately kcik Owens out of office and swear Hoffman in? Does Owens then sue to stay in office, and get to stay in while in the courts? Does Hoffman lose by conceding on election night? if so does this not open it up so that no one will ever concede or at least not prior to a recount or two? If Hoffman's concession means anything and he ends up winning the count I'm assuming this will end up in court.