NYC Mayor Race

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Duck Dodgers, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

NYC's current mayor, Warren Wilhelm Jr., who later changed his name to Bill de Blasio to sound slightly less like a rich entitled douche, is term limited, and about as popular as a having a turd in your own pants. So the Democrat party held a primary Tuesday night, and the results are not yet know.

And by Tuesday, I mean a week ago Tuesday, the 22nd. And if you think the results are coming soon, you'd be wrong - with 130 grand of absentee ballots to count / fabricate, the counting could continue for another two weeks:

Screw Ups, Chaos, and Confusion: Ranked-Choice Voting Destroying the NY Mayor's Race

Complicating matters is the foolish ranked choice method NYC is using, where a voter / vote fabricator ranks their top five choices in order. Then begins a laborious and complex process where the bottom vote getter is pitched out, and voters who voted for them now have their next choice added into the remaining group of candidates. The bottom vote getter is then pitched out, and the process repeats, like a bad party game that your wife insisted you play instead of doing what you wanted to, which was to hang out by the food and continue to drink.

They're up to round 9 now, and have it whittled down to two candidates - sort of. The now second place voter getter, Kathryn Garcia, was actually in third place after the first round of voting - leading possibly to the ridiculous result where the winner of the primary is the person who had fewer votes than two other people.

But - there are all the absentee ballots that need to be counted as well, using the same ranked choice / musical chairs method of tossing the bottom vote getter, and the doing another round. So there will be another 9 rounds of it all again.

And of course the election is marred by charges of counting fraud from the current leader, Eric Adams:

“The vote total just released by the Board of Elections is 100,000-plus more than the total announced on election night, raising serious questions,” Adams wrote.

Apparently our country had the most accurate and completely trustworthy Presidential election in the history of the world, and to say otherwise is a dirty lie; it's just the mayor's races that are corrupt disasters.

Now since he's a Democrat, his charges of voter fraud will be treated by the media in the same serious and respectful way as noted sore losers Al Gore (Jeb! stole my election), Hillary Clinton (the Russians! stole my election) or Gov. Stacy Abrams (not enough felons were able to illegally vote for me). No social media bans for him!

NYC will eventually stumble around and figure out / fabricate a winner about 3 weeks after the election - to inherit a city to run that needs a non-fat Robert de Niro to start driving a cab again while sporting a Mohawk. Crime is rampant, those who can are fleeing to other places (to ruin them as well - like a swarm of locusts), and the city is about non-functional. I've done my NYC trip back in 2000, so I've checked that box and can watch the disaster from afar.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Democrats rigging elections? Get outta here!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's not so much that it may be fraud; it's Liberal "ideas." They live in a vacuum of delusion and attempt to apply values driven solutions into any given situation and then are stunned at it's abject failure. It's because their assumptions about human nature and machines are wholly political and devoid of reality.

All that is left to do is blame Donald Trump or George Bush or Ronald Reagan.

If you don't believe me, check the border in Texas:

Illegal immigrants burglarize Texas ranch house, steal weapons and ammo: Border Patrol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Looks like ~3 weeks was part of the original plan.

upload_2021-7-1_8-15-56.png

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I remember when elections took less than 24 hours. Of course that was before technology.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Duck Dodgers

That's even worse - it's like saying your plan all along was to drop a deuce in your own pants.

Their timeline lets a voter / vote fradulator turn in an absentee ballot a week after the election is over.

Then there's still a 10 day period to for what's called ballot cures - translation: vote fraud, where ballots can be whittled into what's wanted and needed for a candidate to win.

Who else here remembers the days of yore, when there was an actual election day, instead of election month, and the winner was declared that night, instead of 3 weeks later after 2 x 9 rounds of vote counting? Ahh, those ancient days of 2004.

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Allowing mail-in ballots to be post-marked election day is common for Absentee balloting process. It's a bit difficult to effectively communicate voting day is X and absentee ballots are due X - 7 days. Even in a Conservative state like Utah mail-in ballots are due by being postmarked on election day. That's not indicative of fraud but rather a more seamless communication strategy to voters.

Ballot curing is for instances where ballot is rejected (e.g signature mismatch). The voter then has X number of days to correct it typically through an in person process. Again, that's not indicative of fraud but rather giving that voter every chance to vote.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  8. Duck Dodgers

Traditionally, elections were held on election day, and ended that day as well.

Absentee ballots had to either be received by that day, or at the very least postmarked before election day, if coming from overseas. Now we've slumped down the ridiculous situation where people can vote after election day, as well as up to a month before election day.

Will be a hoot to see them have to re-tabulate all 9 rounds of the ranked choice rubbish after all the mail order votes come in, and how it shakes out. 3 weeks to determine who wins a crummy primary for a mayor's race seems a bit long.

9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’m really regretting that the democrats voting bill died. By the way, anybody know who ended up winning the Iowa democratic primary?

10. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

Eugene V. Debs I’m pretty sure.