Obama brushes off his hosts again

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by zzzz, Jul 7, 2009.

1. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

2. Horn_Winger

Horn_Winger 250+ Posts

No worries, I'm sure he gave a great speech somewhere in Russia.

3. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

Or maybe he made a secret trip to the other side of Russia so he could see Sarah Palin's house.

4. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

You think he went there instead of "the super-chic, super-pricey rooftop club" like they planned?

5. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

Obama definitely should get more personal with his hosts. Like maybe giving Putin an uninvited shoulder massage.

6. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

7. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Well I just returned from Moscow and I was in the fog all week. Of course I had to wake up at 3 AM each day to watch the College World Series. [​IMG]

8. Don Johnson

Don Johnson 250+ Posts

He reportedly gave them the following selection of movies:

Red Dawn
    Rocky IV
    Spies Like Us
    War Games
    Hunt For Red October

9. johnny chimpo

johnny chimpo 500+ Posts

What? No "Red Heat"?
    Jim Belushi's finest.

10. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

And all he accomplished on the trip was an understanding on Nuclear Weapons. What a loser.

11. Horn_Winger

Horn_Winger 250+ Posts

Hell ya, Obama got the Russians to agree to "basic terms" on a treaty to reduce our nuclear arsenals by a quarter. We're all safe now.

Did we agree to "basic terms" on Missile Defense? How about Iran?

Oh that's right, Obama offered to give up missile defense for Russia's help with Iran. I feel much safer now.

How about Georgia's borders? Oh right, can't bring that up because we don't want to offend the Russians.

How about Russian democracy and human rights? See above

But at least we have an "understanding" on nuclear weapons.

12. johnnyhorn

johnnyhorn 250+ Posts

13. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Austin and Don:

Thanks needed a laugh like that, wonder what he thinks of Palin's house? You Betcha' [​IMG]

14. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

We're not whining about him giving the high hat to the Russkis, are we? I'm no Obama fan, but I approve of him giving them some attitude.

15. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

Damn. After eight years of Bush sucking Putin's moskovskaya our President shows up informed and with an actual plan, as well as the stomach to follow thru on it, and you guys still aren't happy. Geez.

16. TahoeHorn

TahoeHorn 1,000+ Posts

17. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

18. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

19. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

20. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Obama has ensured the destructive power of whatever weapons we have left will be in question. January:

21. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

22. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

He reportedly gave them the following selection of movies:

Red Dawn
    Rocky IV
    Spies Like Us
    War Games
    Hunt For Red October

best post in months

23. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

AGW
    Thank you. [​IMG]
    I couldn't remember the details but knew there was some significant reduction during Bush.Obama supporters won't like you mentioning that.

Maybe we are better off when Barry snubs people, At least he keeps his mouth shut..
    Yesterday he reminded the Russian they sold us Alaska for a penny an acre.Something that no Russian likes to be reminded of.

Barry, "“Along the way, you gave us a pretty good deal on Alaska. Thank you.”

Wouldn't one of the first tenets of dipolmacy be don't insult your hosts?
    He is so inept.

25. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

26. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

27. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

28. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

Wrong. Thanks for playing. That three-page document didn't destroy or otherwise rid the world of a single warhead. Instead it simply let both sides store their warheads. So, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Those warheads still exist, and can still be utilized. Further, it did nothing to stop the Russians from marketing nuclear technology or protect the Russian stockpile from third parties seeking nuclear capabilities. Not the stroke of greatness you were looking for, but compared to his other accomplishments this was quite a coup for W.

29. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

Hey Saint, I couldn't remember the details but knew there wasn't any significant reduction during Bush. Bush supporters won't like you mentioning that.

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Cougyou posted, "Hey Saint, I couldn't remember the details but knew there wasn't any significant reduction during Bush"

here https://www.llnl.gov/str/JulAug08/trebes.html
    "Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory reported that President Bush directed the US military to cut its stockpile of both deployed and reserve nuclear weapons in half by 2012. The goal was achieved in 2007, a reduction of US nuclear warheads to just over 50 percent of the 2001 total. A further proposal by Bush will bring the total down another 15%

Nothing significant. [​IMG]