Obama gives immunity to illegals

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by dheiman, Jun 15, 2012.

1. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

LINK

This is only the beginning.

From the story:
    "The Obama administration will stop deporting and begin granting work permits to younger illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have since led law-abiding lives.

The policy change, described to The Associated Press by two senior administration officials, will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants who have lived in fear of deportation. It also bypasses Congress and partially achieves the goals of the so-called DREAM Act, a long-sought but never enacted plan to establish a path toward citizenship for young people who came to the United States illegally but who have attended college or served in the military."

"Under the administration plan, illegal immigrants will be immune from deportation if they were brought to the United States before they turned 16 and are younger than 30."

Is this amnesty?
    "The policy will not lead toward citizenship but will remove the threat of deportation and grant the ability to work legally, leaving eligible immigrants able to remain in the United States for extended periods."

This is only for young adults between 16 & 30 right?
    "Illegal immigrant children won't be eligible to apply for the deportation waiver until they turn 16, but the officials said younger children won't be deported either."

So really all illegals under 30 are protected from deportation, that's far more than 800,000.

2. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

What part of the word "illegal" does Obama not understand?

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

As usual, a liberal tells us that the way the law is actually written is exactly how it will be applied.

How exactly do you expect the feds to filter out those people who came in after they turned 16? And do you honestly think they will make any effort to do so?

This is amnesty for every illegal under 30. Period. It's also an open invitation for anyone under 30 to come on in. Oh... and I have a feeling we're gonna get a whole bunch of "fountain of youth" discoveries as well...

The greater question is why the president should have the ability to simply decide our immigration policy on his own. If I'm the LGBT lobby, I'm asking him why he won't simply declare gay marriage to be legal in all 50 states.

5. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

6. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

LINK #2

This would be comical if it weren't incredibly sad.

In the eyes of the current admin and our Border Patrol, "low priority" illegals are so meaningless they are adopting a catch and release program.

7. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

We should just layoff our immigration enforcement agents. What's the point anyway?

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

this could be a big vote getter for BO
    but does he really have the authority to do this?

9. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

ILLEGAL = DEPORTATION until they are able to came back through the proper legal channels. It's SAD that we reward lawbreakers. Any yet, liberals make excuse after excuse for them. Our willingness to accept them into our country and reward them for fear of offending the hispanic population is sad. We are now enacting policies that one would see in a banana republic.

Coming here ILLEGALLY and DEMANDING that we accept them and reward them is the very empitome of arrogance and audacity.

We have citizens that cannot afford college tuition rates, yet we give breaks to ILLEGALS that many legal citizens are not afforded.

We have people on our voter roles (Maybe not a lot, but enough) who are not even legal citizens.

We have people entrusted with the responsibility of enforcing federal law who blantantly refuse to do so in regards to immigration issues.

We have santuary cities where those that are here illegally can find comfort and a safe haven without the worry that the authorities will enforce our federal laws in regard to their status.

We have a large block of the voting population who feels that it's okay for those of their national origin to break the law. Therefore we don't call them put for fear of offending them. Message to Hispanic voters: It's not okay just because a large percentage share your cultural background. So quit making excuses. Wherein do your true loyalties lie?

We have politicians that ignore the law while pandering to a segment of the population that condones illegal immigration. Wrap your brain around that one.

We have mainstream news networks that refuse to use the word ""illegal" for fear of offending illegals and their supporters. It's crazy and insane. But, that's what we have.

We actually have illegal immigrants appearing on CNN and complaining about the way illegals are treated and the lack of rights they enjoy. Can you get any more arrogant than that?

The situations above occur largely because of our lack of intestinal fortitude to protect the integrity of our system for fear of offending Hispanics and for fear of alienating business owners who wish to exploit illegals for monetary gains.

Anyone who cannot see the necessity of enforcing immigration policies and recognizing the values and benefits that come with citizenship is an idiot. There are a lot of idiots out there and many are in leadership positions.

10. Gone To Texas

Gone To Texas 500+ Posts

Yeah, f**k Congress. Who need 'em.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Since we're talking about illegal aliens, how would anyone verify their age or when they came to the United States?

12. HornCyclist

HornCyclist 500+ Posts

it seems like most of this group woukd have school or medical records that would work for verification. There will be a verification requirement for this, so the worry of a mass exodus of under 30 mrxicans to the US is unfounded.

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Any doubt there are businesses right now that will create documents showing people are under 30 and who came here prior to age 16.

If anyone thinks it is only 800,000 is deluding themselves.

BO don't need no stinkin' laws

14. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

15. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

This is just another fraction of the **** that BO will put out pandering for votes while doing absolutely nothing real for the American economy. How does this get Joe Schmo in Kalamazoo a frickin job?

16. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

I have found no good answers as far as what to do with an 18 year old illegal that has not been to their home country since they left at the age of two. They are here because they were brought here, educated in the u.s. system and often know nobody in the country they would be deported to. The let everybody stay approach is clearly not working. Sending young adults to a country that they have never been to leaves them few options other than to find their way back here.

17. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Make the penalty for hiring illegals so stiff that employers won't dare hire them and they will "self-deport". Unfortunately, we don't have the will to do that either.

18. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Verification of records, creating another department of government to to this work?

Hell, I can go down the street and get a fake Passport, DL, SS not a 10 minute drive from my office. If I was doing something illegal already what would keep me from doing something even more illegal?

19. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

20. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

The problem with a penalty is that they would be paying the federal government for services that were paid for at the state and local level. Why should the fed govt get money when Texas paid for the kids schooling?

21. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

BO said today in his speech he knew of some illegals serving in our military. well if illegals ARE in the military they they had to have used fake docs.

and then BO said this would allow famers to know they have the people they need for harvest.
    BUT BO there is a visa availble for an UNLIMITED number of agriworkers.

edit to add
    I am reading about black unemployment which is 13.1 % overall and much much higher for the 18-30 y o blacks. How many of these new work permits will have illegals competing openly against blacks?
    Will someone, like Jesse, ask BO that?

BO is running scared and it shows.

23. CedarParkFan

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

A year ago BO said he couldn't do what he did today. What changed? He knows he is losing and He is running scared. Anyone who pretends this is anything but a ploy to drum up voted for BO is deluding themselves.

I wonder if Blacks will wake up and realize BO just made it even harder for many of them to get jobs.

Cedar is correct that we either have laws or we don't

25. CedarParkFan

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

CPF
    You forgot nativist and racist.
    TripleCrown for thinking our laws mean something.

27. HornCyclist

HornCyclist 500+ Posts

There have been profiles of many of the people who would benefit from this order on NPR and other news outlets. Many of them are just like me with similar education, beliefs and values. This difference between them and me is that my parents were citizens and theirs came here when they were young. I doubt most of them had any say in the choice to come here, and I do not see anyone could be morally principled enough to pack up and leave once they were able to understand they broke a law as children. A law, an immigration system, that many citizens -- rightly so or not -- view as unjust. In so many ways these "illegals" are American but for a crime committed by their parents when they were young.

Since this is how I view this individuals, I find it impossible to conceive of a system that would pack them up and send them to another country -- one they have little connection to. You asked for a good reason to for this change in immigration policy. Well, for me it's a human rights issue. I believe all human beings regardless of the transgressions and decisions of their parents have a right to a home and a community. For the majority of those affected by the policy shift, that home is the United States. They may not be citizens but I see many as American as I am. And many as more American than I.

This doe

28. CedarParkFan

29. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

I wonder who Obama will tax to pay for this...

I have no idea...

Maybe the bottom 99%...

On second thought, he'll balance the budget to find that extra money for sure...

I'm so glad we have a President that takes his executive responsibilities and his Oath of Office to support and defend the Constitution so seriously.

[​IMG]

Note: As a former legal officer in the Navy, plenty of otherwise upstanding sailors and marines get discharged all the time for fraudulent enlistment. What makes the military such a special honorable place is the commitment to sacred principles, moreso when respect for those principles are inconvenient. A service member's word would be at the very top.

There are also plenty of sailors and marines who are criminals. I obviously have a personal respect for those in uniform and who serve to protect us, but the uniform doesn't make us saints and immune to the law. Using the uniform as an excuse for lying and illegal activity, especially as it relates to individuals involved in national security, is political smoke blown in voters' eyes.

I will cut the President some slack though, he may not really understand things like this having never served...

30. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

This is just another deflecting move by BO. He's had a bad couple of weeks, so he just changes the discussion by coming out for gay marriage or not deporting illegals, etc. Expect a string of these between now and the election, whenever things are looking down for the Prez. This guy is truly dispicable.