Obama Wished for Horrific Wall Street Headlines

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr.Wizard, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Classy.
    The Link

GERGEN: And that's what -- that's what Obama has wanted to do. He's now got the opportunity.

I think, personally, he's got the critique down, but he still hasn't provided a message about what he would do, nor has he really surrounded himself, in the way he needs to, with the Bob Rubins and the Paul Volckers and the Larry Summers and Laura Tysons, and have them as a tight unit. I think he still has to do that.

COOPER: Candy, no doubt -- very quickly -- on the campaign trail, it obviously played a big role today. You anticipate, in the days ahead, issue number one, it's going to be front and center?

CANDY CROWLEY, CNN: Oh, absolutely.

I mean, listen, just as foreclosures were showing up on B-17, or in the real estate section, along comes this horrific headline out of Wall Street.

COOPER: Right.

CROWLEY: I mean, this is what they wanted. They believe, of course, that the economy is one of their strengths and that they can paint John McCain as George Bush.

Isn't that nice? The nation's banking system is collapsing, and members of CNN are not only discussing how it helps Obama, but are admitting that this is what his campaign wanted.

2. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

3. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Where is the evidence? The fact that Person A says that Person B wishes for something -- Person A's speculation --does not make it true. You are letting your zeal for McCain interfere with your reasoning.

4. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

somebody needs some ruby slippers, quick.

5. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

6. Slick16

Slick16 250+ Posts

Don't forget the high-ranking DNC official who laughed that Hurricane Gustav was bearing down on New Orleans at the start of the Republican Convention and declared that "God is on our side."

7. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

8. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

9. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

10. NightFlyer

NightFlyer 250+ Posts

they "wanted" this in the same way they wanted Gustav headlines the week of the RNC.

11. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

That cinches it. Obama "wishes for horrific Wall Street headlines" and McCain is hopeful of more terrorist attacks on US soil.

Does that sum it up?

[​IMG]

12. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

Mr. Wizard your attempts to do what you decried when done to Hillary borders on pathetic.

13. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

This is pathetic...truly pathetic.

14. elguapo

elguapo 250+ Posts

I think Wiz has hit a new low with this thread, if that is even possible.

15. HornsHornsHorns

HornsHornsHorns 500+ Posts

I'm not sure how this can be pinned on Obama at all. Saying that bad Wall Street headlines help Obama (they likely do) is much different than saying Obama, or his campaign, hoped for them.

They may very well have hoped for them, but there is no evidence of that.

16. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

Reaching much? What a ridiculous post. Go away.

17. King Zin

King Zin < 25 Posts

18. blueglasshorse

blueglasshorse 1,000+ Posts

My WIZARD METER is telling me that Obama must be getting back on track. That the Palin effect is wearing off. That the media is FINALLY exposing the McCain campaign lies. When he's posting like a raving lunatic, I know all is well or on its way to being well.
    [​IMG]

19. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

My sources tell me that Obama is secretly wishing that Dicky Cheney shoots another Republican in the face, then snacks on some tender baby-back BBQ ribs.

Real babies, not that pansy cow meat.

20. COmountainhorn

COmountainhorn 250+ Posts

Really Mr. Wizard?? Don't be an idiot.

21. bub

bub 100+ Posts

B. S.

22. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts