ObamaCare and property taxes

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Bernard, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

I'm scratching a check this week for the property taxes on my home and there's a nice juicy line item for the Harris County Hospital District. I don't know for sure, but I always assumed that money went to cover the cost of medical for the indigent at county hospitals.

Now that everyone is going to have health insurance to cover their medical care, can I assume this line item is going to disappear sometime during the next few years??? Somehow I doubt it.

Bernard (non-republican)

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

yes, this is one of the big lies propogated by the dems. I do not know about other cities but houston has 3 county hospitals fully paid for by your property taxes. they are free and ususally filled to the rafters with spanish only speaking "citizens." another reason that the public school systems suck and they are always low on money. just another example of the government stealing from a fund set up for other purposes.

anyway, to answer your question, no, once a tax is put in place it is gone forever.

3. WooHorn

WooHorn 250+ Posts

The health care bill will not cover immigration criminals.

The county hospitals serve them.

The Bill will raise the cost of health care for all and you can expect your property taxes to actually increase substantially-but you already knew that.

4. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

I'm kind of confused about the networks. Over the last year, I saw 3 stoiries about that group in the RV's that go around giving away free healthcare but no mention of the free care at the county hospitals. You would think these people waiting in line at all hours for the RV's would like to know about going to an actual hospital.