Obama's Dismantle Government speech part

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by A. BETTIK, Sep 9, 2011.

1. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

2. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

A Bettik-

I hear Haiti and Western Africa has very laxed laws and stays out of the business of the private sector. Almost zero regulations there.

Funny how entering office with 12-13 trillion of debt becomes your fault when people with bad math skills hate you.

3. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Haiti may not have government involvement in the way of environmental regulation but they sure do in terms of corruption. Nothing happens without the assent of those in power. You make it sound like freedom and opportunity has led to their poverty. I know people from Haiti. That's not it.

And West Africa, are you serious? All of Africa has primarily nationalized industry. Oh sure they don't care about pollution or fair business but it is not because government's hands are OUT of the pie but IN. The story of all subSaharan Africa is one of the colonizers leaving an economic mess when they left decades ago. The problem? They nationalized industry before they left so that they could give the company to whom they wanted. Try again.

5. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

Well, it appears the POTUS likes to kick the **** out of strawmen, too...

But, then, politics seems to love strawmen...

6. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Ridiculous, pathetic straw man from Obama -- not in the least bit Presidential. Once again, he is good at reading a teleprompter but horrible with any semblance of leadership.

7. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I'm pretty sure that the story of America is not what the president thinks it is. My interpretation of America is that once we were free from English rule, you can pursue your dreams within certain bounds that the consititution established. I don't think the dream was to live off the government and sit on my couch to watch Dr. Oz and Ophra, ESPN and Fox Sports or do drugs and drink alchohol all day. I also don't think the dream was for government to rule over all aspects of what goes on in America, i.e. mountains of regulation and oversight. I think their purpose is to create an equal environment for people to pursue their dream and to ensure that your life is without to much headache (speaking in general terms and way oversimplifying it).

If you ask me, the politicans have destroyed the fabric of America and I feel they no longer represent what Americans are. The ironic part is that for something to change the same politicians have to vote on the change and sign it into law. Until we get one that doesn't care about reelection, power or greed then nothing will happen. I have lost all hope for change and the government, which is saying a lot since I work for it.

8. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts