Obama's parting gifts to the American people

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Will Obama do anything in response to this?
    Or, just play some more golf?

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    Josh is working on a sternly worded response right now.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You have to admit the meltdown has been pretty great
    I dont think we've seen anything like it
    It's worse now than under W even.
    Maybe their reaction to Reagan was close, but we didnt have social media back then
    And wait until Trump sheds government hindrance of business allowing GDP to rebound to 4% (or higher). Mega-meltdown time

The current state of the Democrat Party...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now just stay there

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is the funniest schitt you will see today

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

:lmao:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

His parting gift to me is that extra $1000 a month I have to pay now for Obamacare. I'm hoping Trump will replace that gift with his own gift of taking that thick book that Nancy Pelosi said "you have to pass it to know what's in it", and going out on the lawn of the White House and striking a match to it. The dumbest legislation ever passed in American history. There's no close second.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

10. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

The president appoints four of the commission members, and he House and Senate each appoint two. The next several appointments (including 2 in 2017) will be made by a Republican president, Republican Senate, and Republican House. I'm guessing they won't choose candidates that the BLM folks like. More likely, they will pick staunch conservatives who would never question a police officer's judgment. Thus, it is quite appropriate for Obama's final appointments to be liberals.

Plus, criticizing an attorney for advocating a position in court is absurd. Adegile is a highly qualified attorney with abundant experience and knowledge in the civil-rights field. I don't know enough (or anything, for that matter) about his politics to say whether he'd be my pick for the post, but the fact that he advocated for a cop-killer in a high-profile court case is not a factor to me. Cops, of all people, should know this.

11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Uh, you bet they know this. You can bet they care too.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Next thing you know, Obama will be telling Trump not to play golf.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Obama has been shopping Debo Adegbile around for a couple of years. He was rejected by the Senate for a high post in the Justice Dept. Later BO wanted to stick him in the U.S. Court of Appeals for Washington D.C., but didn't think he'd be approved.

From Wikipedia: "Born Adebowale Patrick Akande Adegbile in New York City, Adegbile is the son of a Nigerian father and an Irish immigrant mother.[3] He was raised by his single mother."

Sound familiar? Multi-racial, father was likely muslim, raised by single white mother, eastern liberal education, sees racial discrimination every where he looks, he's a clone of BO himself. He even resembles a young BO.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL -- "It's an unprecedented executive order that can never be undone. Ignore what the law and history say."

--------------- from your friends at the NYT
    "President Obama announced on Tuesday what he called a permanent ban on offshore oil and gas drilling along wide areas of the Arctic and the Atlantic Seaboard as he tried to nail down an environmental legacy that cannot quickly be reversed by Donald J. Trump.

Mr. Obama invoked an obscure provision of a 1953 law, the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, which he said gives him the authority to act unilaterally. While some presidents have used that law to temporarily protect smaller portions of federal waters, Mr. Obama’s declaration of a permanent drilling ban from Virginia to Maine on the Atlantic and along much of Alaska’s coast is breaking new ground. The declaration’s fate will almost certainly be decided by the federal courts.

“It’s never been done before,” said Patrick Parenteau, a professor of environmental law at the University of Vermont. “There is no case law on this. It’s uncharted waters.”......."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/u...&nlid=56066587&ref=cta&referer=&referer=&_r=0

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    It is the fault of the
    Russians
    Comey
    Angry white men.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Bill Clinton seems to qualify for this

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

What team does this President play for? Is he against our country? What logical reason why he would do this? I'm so sick of this guy. Jan 20th, 2017 can't get here soon enough.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Well, we have this statement from 2008 that may shed some light on the answer ....

21. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Yes that was a big clue. It was just words.......... but then her husband started with his actions. I seriously can't think of anything he's done well for this country. I swear if he would have just went to the golf course every single day for the last 8 years our economy would have recovered faster and over 3% GDP (and not spend $10 trillion dollars in the process.)

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A parting gift for the people of Israel as well
    How thoughtful

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Melania will be a nice change -- a classy FLOTUS absent that bitter, nasty side

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

it shouldn't surprise anyone how vindictive BO is. But he is taking it to a new level his last days in office/

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Obama is pro -Muslim, anti-Israel. He has been from the start.

One last slap at the Jews, but it's largely symbolic. The U. N is a toothless paper tiger. We all know how well their resolutions about Assad 's use of chemical weapons against civilians worked.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Clean
    This UN Resolution could be more than toothless if nations decided to see it enforced
    Plus it will embolden the Palis.

29. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

That's a big IF Horn6721. I don't think anybody wants to get sucked into a M.E. Quagmire.

But you're right about emboldening the Arabs.

30. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Do we need anymore proof? That this final spit in the face of not only Israel, but to America who has had Israel as our biggest and closest friend in that region. Obama does not have our best interest in mind. He never has. I have zero respect for this man.

• Like Like x 1