Obama's parting gifts to the American people

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Obama commutes Manning..,
    Manning leaked to Wikileaks..,
    Dems blame Wikeleaks for losing 2016 election.

Does any of this make sense?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dems have pretty well proven they do not rely on common sense.
    How long before a crazed Muslim kills Manning for being offensive to Allah?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You get an "A" today for creative irony
    Oman must take him too?

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What the Manning action does, when when juxtapositioned with several of his other late term moves, is reveal his true character --

Manning damaged the US. No problem for BHO.
    Wikileaks hurt the Dems. This is not forgivable.
    If he is nothing, he is partisan. Partisan before American. Always.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Edward Snowden should announce that he's a tranny within the next 2 days. Maybe he'll get that pardon he's hoping for.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think it was about political correctness and image. If Manning wasn't transgender, I don't think Obama would be helping him out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Last week, Assange stated he would turn himself over to authorities if Manning was given pardon. Think about this:

Manning no longer has access to classified information. He is no longer a threat to US government. He remains in prison as a deterrent to future whistle blowers.

Assange does have access to classified information and his organization serves as an outlet for whistle blowers.

Obama (and the "deep state") would be willing to trade Manning for Assange.

9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Obama should pardon Bowe Bergdahl too. After all, he's a traitor to his country who got several U.S. soldiers killed while they were trying to find him. That sounds like grounds for a pardon to me.

Obama also pardoned :

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-hands-high-profile-clemencies-pardons-44847862

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

its a tough call as wearing a dress in Russia comes with its own set of issues

• Like Like x 2
  11. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Obama has scored the worst legislative record in history ..... and thank goodness for that

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/17/president-obama-scores-poorly-working-congress-leg/

"President Obama oversaw the deepest legislative malaise in modern political history, according to the Washington Times Legislative Index, which captures his struggles to find ways to work with a Congress that ranged from lukewarm to openly hostile toward him.

Over the course of his eight years, he has signed just 1,227 bills into law — less, even, than one-term Presidents Carter and George H.W. Bush. Digging deeper into the numbers, Congress spent less time in session, handled less business on the chamber floors and generally sputtered for much of Mr. Obama’s tenure, according to The Times’ index....."

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Am curious whether Bradley Manning gives up the trans charade by Christmas or whether he has too much invested in it now...

In the interim, it takes the custodial side of the equation out of the mix for who has to cater to his delicate fee-fees and the demands for surgery. Broader question, post-release is whether he, having been convicted, still holds any rights to VA access...

Somehow, however, I doubt Manning will fade into obscurity...

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Maybe he can pose naked with Bruce Jenner.

16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

posts such as yours should come with a barf bag warning...

• Like Like x 3
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, sorry about that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

What's crazy is that this warped view of political correctness is the only plausible excuse.

Wouldn't transgendered people be insulted by this? It's a backhanded indictment of their (un)suitability to serve in the military which is a big liberal SJW cause right now. Obama is politically a smart guy, I'm surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Minorities and women are mostly not insulted by affirmative action. They should be because it's actually an insult to them, but they're not. (They are insulted if you assume that their advancement is a product of affirmative action, by that's a separate issue.) Why would you assume that trannies would be different?

What disturbs me more is that people say that Snowden would be granted clemency of he hadn't gone to Russia. Why is it considered an injustice to jail for a long time someone who has leaked classified or sensitive information? It's a serious crime for a reason.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Why did Obama send US-based B-2s for this?

24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

It comes across as a far more aggressive commitment to war, thus boxing Trump into a war and making Trump look weak if he didn't keep up the heavy artillery...

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not sure I see the conspiracy here. Do we know that Obama specifically chose to use B-2s from the US as opposed to some other aircraft stationed overseas?

26. texas_ex2000

According to Navy.mil current Fleet Status, the only two carriers underway, Carl Vinson and Roosevelt, are both on patrol in the Pacific. If we had carriers in the Med, they would have likely been the first choice.

We have some F-16s in Aviano, but I'm not sure those squadrons train for these kind of strike missions in Libya. And there's the optics of aircraft based in Italy bombing a former colony. Real long shot Italy would have given permission for that.

The choice you have then are either Tomahawks cruise missiles from our destroyers or subs in the Med or B2s. Cruise missiles are too valuable and rare for this sort of thing (you save those for SAM sites in Russia/China/Iran/North Kore). So, B2s make the most sense.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  27. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I can't find any article to support this but on the drive in this morning NPR stated the reason the defense department gave for the use of the B2 was due to the volume of targets.

28. texas_ex2000

One Aegis destroyer or Virginia Class submarine has enough tomahawk missiles to level the island of Manhattan. And if it called for, 6th Fleet could sortie 2, 3, 4 ships to do the strike. The problem with that is that each tomahawk costs almost $2 million and it would be a waste of those assets when you have B2s.

If you're going to use an aircraft and trying to minimize the number in the flight, the B2 would be the best option. 1) They specifically train for transcontinental strike missions. 2) Since they're all based in Missouri, you don't need country clearance. 3) The next best Air Force asset for this job would be F-15E Strike Eagles, which to my knowledge aren't currently forward deployed and would require at the very least 2 if not 4 aircraft to do the job of 1 B2 - which puts the "volume" of targets" in context.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm pretty sure there are Strike Eagles at RAF Lakenheath.

30. texas_ex2000

I forgot...yes they are.

Operationally, B2s would still be the better choice. 1 plane vs 4 planes. 2 aircrew vs 8 aircrew. No country clearance required. Stealth, which is essential if you're not going to declare war against Libya and destroy their air defense system. This is exactly the sort of thing B2 squadrons train for.

• Like Like x 1