Obama's VP - Sebelius or McCaskill

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by washparkhorn, Jan 29, 2008.

1. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

So who is it going to be? There is a rift with women due to the heated race with Clinton.

Trial balloons have been floated:

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, of Kansas, who gave the Democratic response to the State of the Union Address?

[​IMG]

2. SomeMildLanguage

SomeMildLanguage 500+ Posts

Moot point. Hillary is going to win the nod.

3. hornfanuk

hornfanuk 100+ Posts

4. 45th St.

45th St. 250+ Posts

McCaskill has less experience than Obama. I think Obama would need a Washington insider/foreign policy expert as a VP, and if Ohio still looks to be in play he would need a person from the Midwest, or at least somebody who appeals to Reagan Democrats.

5. washparkhorn

McCaskill is from the important battleground state of Missouri. Sebelius is a star in the Democratic Party and is camera friendly.

I think either is a good choice and heals the rift quickly with women and the Democratic Party (assuming that rift is even there when the nomination is decided).

I think Sebilus has an inside track right now -

6. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Illinois, Kansas and Missouri. How does that appeal to the voters in the South and West?

7. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

Hill is far more of a lock than the media want her to be.

Just look at the latest state poll numbers for the Super Tuesday state.

Clinton has double digit leads in California, New York, New Jersey, Missouri, Oklahoma, CT, Arizona, Tennessee, Alabama, and Massachusetts

Obama has narrow advantages in Colorado and Georgia and a large edge in home state Illinois.

The demographics in the other smaller Super Tuesday states with limited polling generally favor Clinton as well.

Unless Clinton does something idiotic by Super Tuesday, she will emerge as the prohibitive favorite. Given that the media will be focusing on Florida R today and tomorrow and the weekend will be all about the Super Bowl, Obama has roughly 48 hours on Thursday and Friday to cut deep into Clinton’s support.

It isn’t going to happen.

8. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

9. washparkhorn

Mich -

Was I the one complaining about the entertainment-esque quality of politics or answering a question?

Take "TAT"!

10. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

Whatever you were doing, it looked like you were on your tired old high horse. If I'm wrong, my apologies.

11. washparkhorn

12. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

13. washparkhorn

14. matt8209

matt8209 100+ Posts

How about anita hill.

15. washparkhorn

16. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

Say what you want but you post a lot of ********.

17. parkerco

parkerco 500+ Posts

18. washparkhorn

19. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

look I don't know that washpark and I agree most/all or maybe even some of the time on here, but the kind of 'high horse' crap on here is uncalled for. I don't think that washpark even has a horse.
    Let's be a bit more civil

20. Super

Super 500+ Posts

As to the OP, I say neither. Sebelius's audition last night was not all that promising. Back to the pool for BO.

I still think John Tester would be perfect, but he just got into the Senate last year, so he may not even want to consider it yet. Richardson would probably be a solid bet, but he's likely in the bag for HRC. Bredesen in TN is kind of a nowhere man, but he's very popular there and would be the peace-pipe with the DLC that Obama may like to have...

Ritter in CO may also be the right 'type', I suppose. Max Cleland would be a nice fork in the eye of the GOP as well as being a pretty respected moderate Democrat down south.

21. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

We can't talk about high horses?

"You can't ride the high horse, and the take the low road."
    George Bush's 2000 election quote.

22. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

Neither. This country is still caught up in the fact that the next president could either be black or a woman. We still have too many preconceived notions about blacks, women etc, it's unfortunate, but those kinks are being worked out of the culture. Also, BO's fault if you want to call it that is experience, so he's got to go with someone that helps his electoral math. Colorado, Nevada, Virginia, Ohio, Florida are states to look through for possible VP candidates. The elections are too close to call and I think this one has the potential to be. Gore truly ****** up picking Lieberman, I think it killed him, Kerry did ok with Edwards, but considering he was seen as a NE elitist, he shouldn't have picked a trial lawyer as his running mate. If BO can get the nomination, his VP choice could be the determining factor.

Depending on who the pubs nominate will play a factor as well. If it's McCain, there will be a huge fight for the independents, if it's Romney, well frankly I could be his running mate and BO would win.

23. Bottom Line

Bottom Line 250+ Posts

Sebelius had to plunge her neckline, but no clevage....going for any angle to get a viewer.

BL

24. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

Jim Webb would be bad ***.

25. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

Sebelius was terrible giving the response to the state of the union. Hardly watchable.

26. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Wesley Clark? From the South, foreign policy/military experience.

27. afat

afat 250+ Posts

It is going to be Edwards. He's going to offer his delegates to Obama in exchange for the VP...Obama is going to take them. Then he's going to make Reagan's victory over Mondale look like '06 Rose Bowl.

28. Clarence Iba

Clarence Iba 250+ Posts

Joe Biden would be a good choice for both of them.

29. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

Its kinda funny anyone actually thinks Hillary is some virtual lock

hell even states like CT which Hillary had a good lead in are in a virtual dead heat

things are changing

30. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts