Off day - Texas hypnotist

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bayerithe, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I was once hypnotized at a comedy club by a comic, Jay Medicine Hat or something or other.
    There is something to it.
    I just remember coming out of it like a deep sleep, and I could sort of remember every foolish I thing I did, but it was like a dream. I think i was really unconscious.
    But I was also drunk and / or high at the time, so my suggestibility may have been heightened in the first place.

3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I witnessed this a few times while living in Tyler, TX. Our very well known, popular, and successful Sheriff at the time, on top of many other things, was a known hypnotist. On a couple of occasions I witnessed his work in situations where there could have been no staging or planting and was left with quite an impression. It definitely can work...though I know and understand little about all factors that might affect the success rate.

4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It probably works on some people but not others. Sort of like how Jabba the Hut was unaffected by Jedi mind tricks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

As Jabba put it so eloquently "Peecha chakka no wookie boonowa tweepi Solo. Ho ho ho ho hooooo"

• Funny Funny x 3