Off-Season Arrest Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Mar 25, 2018.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Tech kicks off the party......

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

When did "the party" start? Doesn't Baylor already have a dozen arrests or defendants this off season?

On another note, The Fulmer Cup has done such a great job of representing the adventures of college athletes, and the award is appropriately named for Phat Phil, is any consideration being given to "honoring" Baylor, Briles, the regents with an "award" for certain types of crimes and/or amounts of hush money paid? My vote is for a stand alone award, rather than a subsection of the Fulmer Cup.

• Like Like x 1
  3. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

For Baylor it's not a party, it's a lifestyle

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That was on same day of the biggest basketball win in program history

5. LonghornCatholic

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's a good thing those guys are winning games on the field, or else they'd... oh wait.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

one of the players was arrested earlier in school year for sexual assault, but wasn't indicted

8. LonghornCatholic

Yea, saw the same thing. I think it was the QB.

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of our good friend Johnny Manziel... is that wrong!?

:deadhorse:

• Like Like x 2
  10. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

On the contrary, that's right! :popcorn:

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Johnny Football "performed" at aggy's Pro Day this week. Says he has changed, and people can "trust" him now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I saw that on the internet so it has to be true. I'm sure the NFL personnel folks believe it too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well it’s Not like the NFL guys will have to risk a draft choice to give Johnny a look. He might get a chance as a camp arm with a veteran minimum salary and no guarantees if he gets cut.

• Like Like x 2
  14. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, right. Same thing Hitler told Chamberlin in ‘38 and look how that turned out.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Also the last time the aggys won a championship! The planets might be aligning for Johnny Foozball

• Like Like x 3
  17. LonghornCatholic

Calling BS. Wilt wasn't born til '36 so he was only two years old.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Come on, Wilt was a certified bada$$. He could change the world at two. Kinda Chuck Norris like stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  19. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

Simply not true. Jett Duffey was never arrested, jailed, prosecuted or faced any legal charges whatsoever.

He faced academic punishment only, related to alleged Title IX violations after a hearing in which he was not allowed to present any witnesses in his defense.

20. LonghornCatholic

Duffey: "For wut? :idk:"

lol

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  21. LonghornCatholic

This is the Offseason Arrests thread, not perpetual.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

tough rules up there at tceh, apparently, since a friend of mine (raider) said that yes, the qb arrested was suspended for above "allegation"---finally, good to see them take the "high road" :rolleyes1:

23. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

kinda like my bailer kin who feel that briles was "given the shaft"--guess it's all relative, depending on what you wish to believe (or where you place your priorities)---sad, really...

24. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

if your friend is a raider, he's not a very well informed one.

From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram--
    http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-tech/article144792064.html

"A grand jury concluded there was not sufficient cause to criminally prosecute the case".

He went on to sue the university but dropped the case under threat of a more lengthy suspension.

25. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Rumor has it that Wilt the stilt was hitting Eva Braun, and making Hitler watch.

• Like Like x 2
  26. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Everytime I see this thread at the top I just close my eyes and say please don’t be one of our guys please

• Like Like x 3