off sides

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zinger, Oct 2, 2010.

1. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Was i the only one who saw Eddie Jones lined up off sides, way before the snap? Crucial penalty should never have happened. Who can i hold responsible?

2. celis

celis 250+ Posts

Eddie Jones

3. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

No, I saw it too. In fact, when I noticed it, I immediately looked at the ref on that side. Just prior to the snap he started reaching for his flag and I knew we were ******.

4. HornInLC

HornInLC 100+ Posts

Saw it, too. Was screaming at the TV...

5. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Hope Mack Brown mentions it in the Monday press conference, cause it's unforgivable.. Does anyone from the staff actually watch the game on live TV? Jumping offside is one thing but when the coaches that are down on the field and are looking straight down the line of scrimmage, and can't see there's something wrong then they are not doing their job.

6. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Stupid mental mistakes have to be on the players IMO.

7. Soonerville

Soonerville < 25 Posts

I too was looking for reactions from coaches on the sideline to see if anyone was yelling for him to move back. It was like no one even noticed.

8. Medium_Rare

Medium_Rare 25+ Posts

Looked to me like one of the Texas coaches (Giles) was on the sideline looking right down the los. Whoever it was should have called a timeout. I mean come on, this was the stupidest game I've seen in a long time!

9. Medium_Rare

Medium_Rare 25+ Posts

Now that I've watched the replay, I'm even more disappointed in our coaches for not catching this.