Offense or Defense Blame Game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

The reason us being 4-7 is on all facets of the team + coaching so arguing one side or the other is an exercise of futility. Its clear.
    So we need change, changing players may change effort and attitude. We lacked inspired play and confidence and leadership.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

This is where Texas stands in FBS stats - ALL of which are bad:

Total Defense - 107 - fire somebody
    Total Offense - 46 - Without injuries would be top 25 or close, even with weak O line
    Fewest Penalties - 58th - undisciplined, unprepared or lack of effort

• Like Like x 1
  3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Most accurate comment in that entire article to me was “no sense of urgency”, that’s what I observed as well. Is that ‘locker room issues’?

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

The offense's woes would look a lot more manageable if the D held up their end of the deal. You can't sit there at like #107 in the nation and be like "if only the offense kept me off the field for a few more plays!"

If those are flipped (#46 for D and #107 for offense), at least our final scores would be something like 17-13. These 57-56 games make us look like **** on several different levels.

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

And I would suggest that at 37 points per game for the entire season the stats are deflated by 3 bad games and a couple average games. The defense is yet to have one good game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

If the offense is playing well, we can count on the defense to play like ****, AND VICE VERSA. That’s why we’re 4-7 and soon the be 4-8. When it counts, we suck *** all the way around,

to be fair, he’s not that much better when leading at halftime. Hahah.

• Funny Funny x 2