Offensive Support for Yu

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Hook 'Em Danno, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

I'm not sure about the rest of you fellow zealots, but I'm soooo tired of watching the Rangers offense virtually disappear against extremely average-to-below-average pitching when Darvish is on the mound, especially when he has been prone to giving up the long ball. Tonight, against the Twinkies, is Exhibit "P."

The Twins go with a pitcher who was 4-8 with an ERA above 4.00 in the minors and Texas struggles to scratch out 2 runs; meanwhile, Yu takes a no-hitter into the 7th before he gives up two HRs (one to a guy hitting .220) and allows the Twins to take the lead. Looks like it's going to take another late inning rally against a crappy team to get a "W".

The Twins have the worst team BA in the AL and one of the first team ERAs in the AL. I'm going to be so ticked if they drop this series. Can't be doing that going into September with the A's right on your heels.

Drives me nuts. [​IMG]

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The guy is feast or famine, 10 K's but two home runs. that said he gets run support like the Longhorn pitchers did all last season which is next to none. he is such a hardluck 12-6 when he could easily be 17 or 18 and 2 with the kind of run support the other pitchers get. its like the offense knows he will only give up 2-3 runs and takes the night off. Very frustrating!

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I am with FW. When his head is in the game he is an ace. The other 50% of the time he is barely a 4th starter.