Official Car of the Douche

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Dude, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

If you're a douchebag, don't be upset if you don't drive one of these, it doesn't in any way diminish your douchery. Also, don't be upset if you drive one of these and are not a douche (although that is extremely unlikely).

The Official Car of the Douche is...........the Acura.

2. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

Wow. I can think of a lot of cars that would rank higher than the Acura.

Jeeps, for example.

3. bullzak

bullzak 500+ Posts

Any Corvette post the late 60s.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The most douchy thing on this thread so far is looking down on people for driving an Acura, Jeep, or Corvette.

5. crash_davis

crash_davis 250+ Posts

i want to know how OP comes to this conclusion.

high at the top of my list would include (in no particular order)
    - 3 series bimmer
    - hummer
    - chevy or dodge trunk w/ big *** trophy hunter sticker on back winshield
    - escalade

acura is not even on the douche radar. so again, i'm curious to know your rationale.

6. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

As the owner of an Acura, I too would like to hear the rationale behind this declaration. [​IMG]

7. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Is a guy who drives an Acura TL banging your ex girlfriend or something?

8. txboy_in_az

txboy_in_az 100+ Posts

Worst. Thread. Ever.

9. YChang

YChang 500+ Posts

he's probably mad that the guy banging his girlfriend isn't even driving a TL but a TSX [​IMG]

10. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

gobears92 FTW!

12. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Porsche Boxster

13. drunkfan#1

drunkfan#1 100+ Posts

Yeah, a Porshe Boxter or any BMW.

14. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

I wouldn't go so far as to put acuras among the porsche boxsters, H3s, and 3 series BMWs. But it's damn close to being there and probably will be soon.

As with all douche symptoms, having one or even a whole bunch does not necessarily mean that you can be properly diagnosed as a douche.

But, yes, acuras are fast becoming a symptom of douchiness.

15. DalTexHornFan

DalTexHornFan 25+ Posts

Terrible premise for a thread, but the answer is any of:
    1) 3 series
    2) Hummer (any variety)
    3) Porsche Boxter

Acura, Jeep, etc wouldn't be in the top 10

[​IMG]

16. txboy_in_az

txboy_in_az 100+ Posts

Why all the disdain for BMW's? Not that I'm defensive; I drive a truck, but what's the deal? [​IMG]

17. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

There's nothing inherently wrong with the cars. The BMW M-series is just badass. The Porsche Boxster is a great car for the money for what it is.

Driving these cars doesn't make you a douche. Rather, douches love to drive these cars, so, douche or not, driving one of these cars may make people think you are a douche.

Sorry Acura owners - douches are ruining your car's reputation, like it or not.

18. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

you will find that the jealous will usually add a german car to the d-bag list, and claim said german car driver has a small dick. It says more about the people making the claim than it does about the people who drive the cars.

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Escalade. Hummer. Any other example of wretched excess.
    Dude is wrong.

20. evolujohn

evolujohn 100+ Posts

Official Thread of the Stereotype

I imagine you can find douches in every flavor of automobile...

Dude - you should be more specific in the decribing the variety of douche to make this a little more entertaining...

my humble example:

New Jersey Douche:
    [​IMG]
    DRIVE
    [​IMG]

or

Redneck Douche
    [​IMG]

DRIVE:
    [​IMG]

21. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Curious to see what all you dirt bags drive. I can smell the jealousy through my monitor.
    [​IMG]

22. txboy_in_az

txboy_in_az 100+ Posts

I've got no problem saying that if I could afford it, I would absolutely drive an M3. Call me what you will. And this is not like starting off an argument w/ "I'm not a racist"........but seriously, I'm not a douche! [​IMG]

23. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

24. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Since when do douches drive cars that are noted for their reliability and resale value?

25. txboy_in_az

txboy_in_az 100+ Posts

The real car of the douche is the car that the person who calls someone a douche for driving the car that they like and choose to spend their money on drives. And if I could afford an Escalade, I'd probably buy one of those two. Oh yea, and according to the number of sales of Escalades in the last couple of years, not to mention the number of them you see on the road, we are freaking surrounded by douches! Especially that lady I saw last weekend with her son in the front seat and the two young children strapped into their car seats in the back on their way home from the grocery store.....man, what a DOUCHE!!!

26. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

I also don't get the disdain for BMWs. I suppose the 3 series in the US is affordable enough for 30k millionaire's to lease one which leads to the title.

But BMWs are amazing cars. The Porsche boxster is as well. The Cayman is one of the best sports cars in the world and it is a Boxster with a hard top.

Also as I mentioned Ferrari F430s are for high end douches - the high end anti douche car is the Aston Martin DB9 or V-12 Vanatage. Usually people that choose the Aston over the Ferrari are pretty cool and want to be understated.

27. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Exactly...most all the cars mentioned in this post were just listed yesterday in JD Power's most reliable list. Seems real douche-bags are content driving their pieces of ****. Envy is a bad thing.
    [​IMG]

28. Frogstyle

Frogstyle 25+ Posts

Audi TT - priced for almost rich attention seeking bourgeoisie douche bags everywhere. The Audi driver does not bicker with Cingular over his cell phone bill or beg American Airlines for a merciful upgrade to business class nor does he try in vain to secure reservations to the newest pan-asian-meditteranian terror dome, because the Audi driver is well on his way to being the ******* man.

Jaguar XJR-15 - If you're a Yakuza Kumicho or are paid to litigate on behalf of rap moguls or hang out with coke whores, b-list celebrities, and advertising executives, then I understand the choice. If not, you're a douche bag.

Hummer H3 - Be advised: Preston Rd between Spring Valley and NW HWY has been declared off limits to non-military traffic due to elevated insurgent activity by 3/1 S-2. Will Connor and Madison survive their trip to Nordstroms? Not without a blast cage. Don't forget the fire plug, douche bags.

Mustang Cobra - Most douche bags were in peril of amounting to no more than a stain on the seat. But all the Amstel and tasty fried chicken made mommas *** too big for Cletus to properly palm, thus they were born to drive perhaps the most egregious douche mobile ever devised by the perverse imagination of man.

29. LonghornLayla

LonghornLayla 25+ Posts

If I see a corvette, the thought of the driver being either an *** or a douche just pops into my head. I really don't know why but I'm guessing I'm probably right.

30. Jeffrey

Jeffrey 25+ Posts