Official Spurs 2007-08 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by C-Man, Oct 30, 2007.

1. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

Well, this worked out OK for us last year so here it is again as the Spurs tip-off defense of their FOURTH title tonight with a game against the Greg Oden-less Portland Jail Blazers. (I hope the Luis Scola thing doesn't come back to bite us in the ***.)

Go Spurs Go!

2. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

3-Peat baby.

That's right, I called the next 2 seasons.

3. miguelito

miguelito 250+ Posts

Sweet. I enjoyed the thread last year.

GSG!

4. hornfan_82

hornfan_82 100+ Posts

nice.

go spurs go!

5. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

Good to see this thread started again.

Go Spurs Go!

6. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Get those rings tonight! Finley is really excited as he just was a spectator last time. Looking forward to a heated battle in the West - and hopefully a Spurs-Celtics final. Wow!
    GSG!

7. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Ha-I came to either look for this thread or see about getting another started.......

GO SPURS GO!

8. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Should be an interesting year...hopefully the Spurs come out blazing unlike last season. I hope they jump out on top of the West early and keep the momentum throughout.

9. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

10. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

For a second, I thought this was a soccer thread.

11. Mitch Cumsteen

Mitch Cumsteen 250+ Posts

This is the first time the Spurs bring back everybody on their roster. I think they should get out to a good early start as long as everybody stays healthy. While nothing matters until the playoffs, it would be nice to get the #1 seed and only have to face Dallas or Phoenix, instead of Dallas and Phoenix in the playoffs. All of this is way premature obviously, but having the best record in the West is nothing to sneeze at. Unless, of course, you can't beat the number 8 seed.

12. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

I don't think the Spurs really put much emphasis on the regular season (a la LA in the early 2000s) to get a 1 seed. I think Phx or Dal will get it.

13. crackamacgowski

crackamacgowski 100+ Posts

Awesome, I was waiting for this thread. Here's to another great season!

Go Spurs Go!!!

14. hursthorn

hursthorn < 25 Posts

I would expect a regular season much like last years with a few ugly losses, a mid season lull and a strong finish in preparation for the playoffs.

The key is to keep the team healthy all season------no serious long term injuries to the big 3. Of course that is the key for all NBA teams who have a shot at the title.

Look for the Mavs to back off some in the regular season and not put so much emphasis on winning 60+ games, maybe Phoenix as well. Looks like the West will be trying to mimic Pop's approach to the regular season.

At some point the Spurs will begin to show their age. I just hope it is no time soon.

15. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

GO SPURS GO!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

Arriba Spurs!

17. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Jinx. [​IMG]

Does TNT really need to show us every person in the Spurs organization with their wedding/funeral suits on come out and give a handshake to a very, very disinterested David Stern?

Good luck and here's to a great season. This is almost as much fun as Opening Day in baseball, even though tomorrow's opening night for the rest of us.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

18. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

My folks are at the game tonight and my mom just tried to text me a photo of the new banner. Unfortunately, it's showing up as as red 'X.'

19. hornfan_82

hornfan_82 100+ Posts

aldridge is looking pretty good. [​IMG]

20. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

The banner was awesome to see. GO SPURS GO!

21. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Yes! I was hoping to see this thread again.

Here's to a great season.

BTW, the 4th banner lookede sweet, but I think I saw room up there for a fifth and even maybe a sixth.

Go Spurs!

P.S. I thought we earned our own Spurs smilie last year?

This one will do [​IMG]

22. hornfan_82

hornfan_82 100+ Posts

spurs smilie?? please make this happen!!

at the half, aldridge has kept the blazers in this game. [​IMG]

23. Phil Hellmuth

Phil Hellmuth 100+ Posts

As a Mavs fan I am hoping for another great playoff series.

24. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

LA looks like he is ready to step it up.

God, I can't believe it's already next year again.

Go Spurs Go!

25. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Hard to believe that 4 years ago LaMarcus was a senior for the Seagoville Dragons. He looks like a good-good.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

26. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

I saw Lamarcus this summer at Randall's on 38th in Austin. He has a very ego-less disposition. Good kid. And he looks terrific tonight.

27. Nodrog

Nodrog < 25 Posts

This thread was allsome last season, and here's to another great one. Tonight was an excellent start.

Fine performance by Aldridge, that's for sure. He's really matured in a short time. The Spurs had best get their licks in on Portland while they can.

28. newport horn

newport horn 25+ Posts

29. burgy28

burgy28 < 25 Posts

30. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

This sits well with me

GO SPURS GO!