Official Spurs 2007-08 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by C-Man, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

If the Spurs can beat the Lakers in a couple of weeks and New Orleans drops a couple of games, we're in great shape. [​IMG]

2. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

When the Spurs get through the most brutal schedule I've ever seen, in March, and come out healthy and beating good teams - this bodes well for the playoffs. Go Spurs!

3. Mitch Cumsteen

Mitch Cumsteen 250+ Posts

I don't know where they are going to end up in the seedings, and I'm not sure that it matters that much because every series is going to be a dogfight.... but I think it's going to ultimately come down to the Spurs and the Lakers, and I'd like to see them not have to face each other until the conference finals.

I can't believe Dallas is in danger of not making the playoffs. It's just stunning.

4. DJDJAJGJ

DJDJAJGJ 250+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I surrender. We were owned. Your defense destroyed our offense, and vice versa for the Rockets. Normally T-Mac owns Bowen but not this time.

A Spurs vs Celtics Finals seems only imminent at this point.

5. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Nothing is imminent in the West.

But I love what the Spurs have done in the past two games against Hou and tonight with a dismantling of the Warriors. Beautiful basketball.

6. EllCee

EllCee 100+ Posts

poooor warriors

I think the Spurs are waiting longer and longer each year to turn on the jets, just to screw with the fans. In two years they'll be turning it on with 3 games left to play in the season.

7. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Spurs looked VERY impressive tonight.

I can't wait for the playoffs

8. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

The Hornets continue to win lucky one-point games on the road. There were a couple of HORRIBLE calls at the end of their game against the Magic tonight that gave them a win. Of course, the Spurs don't need the #1 seed to win the West, but it would be nice. I would rather not have to play the Lakers until the WCF.

Oh yeah, great win tonight. [​IMG]

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Now that the Horns are done, it's time for me to get totally focused on the Spurs and the drive to the playoffs.

10. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Focusness will bring another ring to SA. Go Spurs!

11. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Why is this thread way down on page two? Let's see if I can come up with a good reason to bump it. How about a fearless prediction? The Hornets lose to the Jazz, Lakers, and Mavs, and the Spurs win out to capture the #1 seed! [​IMG]

12. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Final:

Utah 77
    N.O. 66

One down.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

What is with the Spurs playing so crappy in fourth quarters lately? [​IMG]

14. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Shaq was just dominant at the end of that game last night. If he played like that when he is in there then Phoenix will be a tough tough team in the playoffs.

15. Mitch Cumsteen

The Spurs look horrible offensively the last few games. I can't tell if they are old and done, or if they just don't care about the seeding and are saving their energy for the playoffs. They didn't play with any real energy last night, especially when the game was on the line. Manu was terrible. Duncan couldn't throw it in the ocean. Parker was great in the first half and disappeared in the second half. They need someone off the bench to come in and hit some shots -- paging Brent Barry and Robert Horry.

I hope I'm wrong and they're just playing possum until the real season starts, but this doesn't look like a championship team to me.

16. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Yeah I don't know what's going on. Part of me wants to beleive they're just saving energy with the playoffs approaching. The other part of me is very worried about their bad offense and all-around sloppy play.

Time will tell, I guess.

17. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

With Horry and Barry out, and now with Manu nursing an injury, points are becoming hard to find off the bench. Hope Udoka, Thomas and Vaughn will step it up. Go Spurs!

18. SA_Town_Horn

SA_Town_Horn 500+ Posts

So, how did the game with the Lakers turn out?

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We have no bench, and nobody knows how to move around on offense to get open when Duncan has 2 or 3 guys on him. [​IMG]

20. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

What game?

21. LovinTheAtx

LovinTheAtx 250+ Posts

22. Mitch Cumsteen

Getting trounced by LA, Phoenix and Utah is no way to go into the playoffs. Ginobili is beat up. It doesn't look like Horry is coming back. Barry may get back, but who knows how useful he's going to be.

I realize Pop is pulling the plug early in some of these games, but they don't even look like they are competing half the time. It's one thing to flip the switch, but you don't want to wait until the playoffs to do so, especially when you're going to end up playing someone like Phoenix the first round.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening this year for the Spurs.

23. Third Coast

Well this is an even year, so there are no guarantees until next season.

24. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

#3 seed and a date with the Suns in Round 1.

Let the playoffs begin. This Western conference tourney is going to be great.

25. Third Coast

The Tony Parker vs Chris Paul matchup in round two is going to be awesome.

26. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Spurs 109 Jazz 80. Where has that been all season?

27. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

28. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

29. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Game 1 = Unbelievable

Not sure we deserved to win that one, but I LOVE IT!

TD with his first 3 ptr of the season to send it to double OT. Manu, who had struggled fropm the perimeter all game seals it going to the hole. A heartbreaker for the Suns. With the exception of Duncan, I thought the Spurs played poorly in this one so to get a win is large. Tough break for Suns, but it's a long series.

Only the 2nd Double OT playoff game in Spurs history.

1-0 is all, but it was a hell of a lot of fun!!

[​IMG]

30. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

I haven't been that into a game since the last time we met the Suns in the playoffs. So intense. Glad the Spurs came out on top. The three from Duncan was [​IMG]

P.S. Thanks to Michael Finley for ANOTHER clutch shot and to Mark Cuban for paying his salary again this year. [​IMG]